h22a into eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

Hey guys Im back again . Tired of the B series in my hatch and I just bought a 94 prelude with a JDM h22a with LSD that was wrapped around a tree. I will put this in my hatch but not sure what parts are going to work. The ls is out and the hasport mounts are on there way. But what throttle linkage what axels (do they have to be hybrid also) I guesse I need a list of all parts needed for swap. The prelude is a si with a pr13 and 100% complete. Any help is greatly appreciated

for basic axles you can use the 90-93 accord 5 spd mid shaft with 90-93 integra axles. I think the stock cable works but you have to flip the bracket on the IM around. Ive heard the 98 prelude cable works but i have no clue. Im personally using the GSR cable right now. Shouldnt need much if you have the whole car.

why not do a k series, its probably on the same plane as far as difficulty, but you get a much ligher motor, and with a k24, more displacment.

dont forget about the linkage that is the biggest portion of the swap....as far as i know ur gonna have to convert the car to cable...so your gonna ahve to weld ion the h22 shift linkage. as far as throttle linkage fgoes im not sure

Originally posted by handlebarsfsr@Mar 19 2004, 10:22 PM
why not do a k series, its probably on the same plane as far as difficulty, but you get a much ligher motor, and with a k24, more displacment.

go back to honda school.....not same as far as difficulty. not even close.....

as for your basic info....hasport does a good job of giving you the knoledge you need to start getting parts ready for the swap. HT as a writeup by poison that is helpful but gives a little more in depth analysis of the swap....inn a sticky in the hybrid section. i dont know of any writeups on here, thats why im directing you there, but you could do a search for this site as well.

Thanks, The reason Im going with the H22a is I bought the car for $500.00 (the whole car) with a 6 month old JDM H22a with LSD. I have a b series now but Selling it with all the parts for a complete swap and do not have any d series stuff left. I know I can use a d series wiring harness and throttle cable but dont have one. Hope I can use the ludes stuff minus the harness and axels. Will the center console still fit with the linkage mounted on top? I hear place racing makes a box to mount it under the floor.B series are easy And with so little money in this H22a it has to go into my hatch.

Yea my friend has a h22a EH2, it's also what i plan to do, you gotta grind off your stock shifter a bit so you can put in the prelude one, it should feel/shift better that way. Alot of people diss the h22a eh2, but that's because they haven't driven one. Keep me posted.

Sup yall I'm new here, I have a million Q's bout an h22 in my eg civic sedan.

Everybody says you can keep A/C yet I see no pictures of this????

Everybody says you can turbo an h22 in a eg (95) civic, but I yet to see pictures of this too?????

Are these all urban myths or what?????

I woulkd like to drop an h22 in my civic sedan and turbo it. I also live in nebraska and it gets hot as phuck in the summer so A/C is NOT coming out. P/S I would prefer it just b/c I will still have my agility. Am I dreaming or is this possible?????

Damn that chatch w/ h22 has the most room i have ever seen in an h22 civic. Every other picture shows the h22 header like damn near touching front clip and almost scraping the ground.

hasport doesn't make the bracket. I believe you are talking about hcp. The swap is really straight forward. You will have to grind the hump off your stock shifter and make a hole for the hydro hoses to come out of. I also have a 94 jdm h22 with lsd. You won't regret getting it. Honda tech also has about 30 members with h22 and there sticky helped me out alot. There wiring diagram is really good. Go check it out. Good luck

I started installing a h22a1 in a 93 hatch sunday using TOTEM mounts.I'm taking my time as I only want to do it one time on this car. I install a stage three clutch and a FIDANZA flywheel all new seals and belts. Also putting a underdrive pulley. I'm hoping to have this thing fired up mid next week. I'm taking pics and so far these mount seem to be working just perfect.I also notice alot of room on the hatch listed in the h22 site. Mine at this time doesn't have headers on it yet but looks like it will be tight. I want to run AC also so I can ride with it on and be comfortable will waxing the *ss of a mustang.I will keep everyone posted with these mounts due I've hear nothing but horror stories. Had already bought the mounts before I did my research. OH WELL

Originally posted by Knives@Apr 1 2004, 01:17 AM
hasport doesn't make the bracket. I believe you are talking about hcp. The swap is really straight forward. You will have to grind the hump off your stock shifter and make a hole for the hydro hoses to come out of. I also have a 94 jdm h22 with lsd. You won't regret getting it. Honda tech also has about 30 members with h22 and there sticky helped me out alot. There wiring diagram is really good. Go check it out. Good luck

you need to get those pics developed.

grinding out the shit for the shift linkage was a bitch. took like an hour or somethin to get it right, and i burned myself...what...8 times?

its not as hard as everyone seems to make it out to be. just be sure and measure like 3 times before you cut...if you cut the hole out too big, your shifter assembly won't bolt up right, it'll fall out of the car. and be sure to measure how far from the shifter hole to cut the hole for the cables.

someone earlier in this thread said you have to weld the shift linkage...dont know whats up with that, i dont recall doing ANY welding on your swap, josue....

:shrug2:

holy shit....you bought totem mounts??

totem mounts for an h22 are like west nile disease...you hear tons of horror stories, but you never actually meet someone who got it....

Don't recall having to weld anything....I guess you could just JB weld the shifter on J/K. I'll talk to big boy and see if I can develope the pics this weekend.

You gotta have right tools for the right job. If you want to cut hole out don't use anything but a plasma cutter. Also you now have meet someone crazy enough to try and use mount everyone says doesn't work. I'll keep you informed as to how it goes. Oh yea can you post pics.

LMAO, not everyone has a plasma cutter...

if you're talking about the shifter cables 2 holes with a hole saw worked perfect for my H22 teg swap...

Back