H22A JDM AUTOMATIC TCM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey djfaded1, does your P19 redline at 7200rpm? And what were the shift points as in what mph does it shift into 1st,2nd, etc..in normal driving(not manually shift)?

Yeah I have P19 that works fine for sale for $200 s&H included dont need it anymore cause converted from auto to manual.

i could have used that p19 a month ago...grrrrrr...lol...i have a p0h tcu

Is that tcu a OBD 2 or 1? It's make for the H22a right? Also can you answer those questions I asked "djfaded1" on 1-8-07 but he never replied back? Thanks.

p19 tcu's show up on ebay from time to time. Mostly from a guy in New Zealand. There were two sold last week for around $120.

bob

So, when swapping an H22 auto into another auto(honda) this particular TCU must be used or the Accord TCU?

I am researching this because I will be swapping a JDM H22 auto & tranny into my third Gen prelude, and I was thinking about the TCU, since mine is already an auto. I was thinking I would need the TCU for the JDM tranny as well, since my stock one will not know what to do with the H22 engine?

Sean

If you want your tranny to shift at the proper points for the h22 power band, you need the h22 auto trans and the h22 tcu (P19).

If you're sticking it in a 3 gen you may have OBD issues; make sure you check on this .

Bob

So, when swapping an H22 auto into another auto(honda) this particular TCU must be used or the Accord TCU?

I am researching this because I will be swapping a JDM H22 auto & tranny into my third Gen prelude, and I was thinking about the TCU, since mine is already an auto. I was thinking I would need the TCU for the JDM tranny as well, since my stock one will not know what to do with the H22 engine?

Sean

SO if I have a USDM 96-97 H22 w/ auto tranny, all I will need is a prelude TCU to make it work in a 96 Accord EX auto ? Iam confused ?!?!

Your 96 does not currently have an h22 in it, right? So. You put the h22 in it (with the associated wiring & other changes well documented) along with the h22 ecu. If your h22 comes with auto trans, you put in the P19 h22 auto trans tcu. If you're using your Accord auto trans, leave your tcu alone, but you'll not be getting fully benefit as the Accord trans as it will shift at proper rpms for the engine that came with it (F22 prob) versus the h22.

Tab,

you made the comment about running one wire to the TCU. Can you tell me what and where to run this wire. I have an H22A in my Prelude with the P13 and P19 TCU with the Park lock problem.

Thanks,:(

PCWiz

:no:
You can use either. I suggest buying the Prelude TCU. Otherwise your tranny will not shift at the proper points while in the "D" position. You may still shift manually, but the TCU won't let you shift down above a certain RPM, because it thinks you'll blow the Accord's 6200 rpm redline out of the water.

Use the Prelude TCU if you find one. Expect to wire one wire to the TCU, otherwise your shifter won't come out of park.

PS. You can still hold each gear as fast as you want.

Do yourself a favor. To eliminate the chances of getting the electrics wrong, gain access to the rhs of the shifter and remove a little plastic member that is in the shift linkage. It's apparent which one to take out. Throw it in the glovebox in case you want to reinstall but this solves your "shift out of park" problem.

Bob

alrite tuff guy

he wasn't being a dick. he was being right.

1) the guy you asked to PM you hasnt logged on these forums since January of 2007.
2) you could have PM'd him rather than bumping an old thread.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back