H22A Major Issues... 92 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loafer987

So I just finished my H22A1 in 92 civic cx hatch swap and I am having some pretty major issues.
For starters i am throwing 2 codes. ELD and Vtec pressure sensor. Tried replacing the underhood fuse box and rewiring all engine grounds. Cleared the ecu and they came back right away. Thats the begining of the issues.
From there it goes over to my violently fluctuating tach when the engine speed is not changing. The tach will just die or stay at 3000 rpm when i gun the gas. This doesnt seem to have anything to do with the fact the car idles at just under 2000 rpm. Tried setting the idle screw its tightened all the way down as far as it goes, and sticking my fingers in the 2 holes in the throttle body only seems to drop the idle a tiny bit. at this higher rpm idle the timing seems to be almost dead on 15 degrees btdc.
One last thing if that wasnt enough... The car vibrates like a b***h. But the vibrating seems to stop when i turn left but not right. Oh and I think the axles are binding when I hit bumps but I'm not sure i've never had to experience that before. The car is stock springs by the way.
I think thats all right now..lol It's in pretty rough shape... i need the idle down and the vibrating to be less like when i turn left so my gf will actually ride in the car with me... Please someone help! :eek:

Bump please someone help me out a little here... Mainly the vibrating problem, I'm gonna have to get a mechanic figure out the idle issue I think.

maybe the motor mounts are installed incorrectly, or maybe you torqued them in the wrong order. possibly, one of the mounts could even be broken. as far as the tach, it could be a distributor problem, ignitor i think can cause that problem. for the idle, is the throttle cable opening the throttle body at rest?

I think i narrowed the idle issue down to throttle body gasket.
All the CEL's are gone now except the 20. The Distributor was brand new so i hope it isn't the igniter...

What order do you reccomend torqueing the mounts in? I Am getting a new tranny as the one that came with the swap was shot so I will be pulling it anyways.

Gonna do the TB gasket at the same time to try and tame the idle.

Anyone that has done the h22a in the EG chassis... Do you have issues with the axles actually staying in the tranny? I can't get the snap rings to set in place and its frustraing the **** out of me. is there something different about the canadian integra axles vs. the american. I am running the 90-93 teg axles with 91 accord half shaft. Please help!

Back