1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a nitrous questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by nocturnal washington, May 3, 2004.

1. nocturnal washington

nocturnal washington Junior Member

hey all,
    I have a jdm h22a with all the basic mods ihe msd 6al and fuel rail/reg. I decided to do an all motor setup with optional nitrous. I plan on using 75 shot zex dry setup. What c/r pistons would you reccommend for that size shot? and any specific brands of pistons you reccomend? Funds wont be a problem either....

TIA!!!
    Dave

2. dreded90crxsi

dreded90crxsi Senior Member

With the right amount of fuel you should be able to run a 75 shot on stock internals. If you want to put in some better pistons just in case pretty any aftermarket piston will work. raceeng.com has a good selection of pistons id you do change them.

3. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

i may be incorrect but isnt there an issue with after market pistons in H22's? couldn't he just go with type S pistons and up his CR to 11:1 maybe run a 60 shot instead? with proper tuning he could still run a 75 shot. thats what im doin ;)

4. nocturnal washington

nocturnal washington Junior Member

hmm yeah id like to know if certain aftermarket pistons would not be recommended for an h22a. Also I can get a really good deal on some JE 11.5 c/r pistons standard bore would those be able to handle 75 shot? and would that compression be ok for nitrous? Thanks a lot guys! :D

5. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

again anyhting is possible with proper tuning, and if you have forged bottom end, its less likely to die. especially considering that aftermarket pistons have probably resolved the ringlands issue. like i said, i'm not totally sure that you can use aftermarkets. thats something someone more knowledgable would have to address. you could tho run a 75 on 11.5:1 dunno what kinda gass tho, i think that is sorta high for 93 octane, unless tuned very well. but i may be mistaken.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted