H22a or B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast4uB20

Ok, here's my question which would be a better swap for a '92-'95 civc coupe? The h22a has tons more power straight up, but the b20 is a lot cheaper. The b20 would drop in with less mods, so would the car be faster if you spent the extra money from not doing the h22a and upgrading the b20. Lets just say you were going to invest about $5000 in the swap, which the h22a would take most of. Could you make more power than the h22a out of a B20 by upgrading parts like crank, cams, pistons, rods, and maybe a vtec head.(if you are using the B20B and not the b20z. Also if you have any opinions with going with a b20 swap which is better, the non vtec b20b or the b20z with vtec?) Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

:doh:

How many times has this question been asked? too many.

B20=easier
H22=heavier

b20. you will run faster with the money you save from not buying an h22 you can invest in building the b20

do both, one in front, one in back, AWD. lol...

both rock..do what YOU want. B20 is definately easier to wire/install. don't make the common "oops...used the CRV pistons" mistake...lol...LOW compression. but if you do...buy a turbo and shitblast some domestics for me!

Originally posted by 2fast4uB20@Oct 26 2003, 03:31 PM
sorry man, i have looked for a post relating to this and haven't found one yet.

Probably becuase you are not in the right forum. In your search did you notice that this is the ef forum and deals with 91 earlier Civics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back