h22a or f20 sir-t

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsk8r

ok i have a 97 honda Accord and i was just wondering which engine would be a good swap for my accord, i want to do a turbo kit and nitrious also further down the road. So would the h22a engine be best or the f20 Sir-t, and what internal engine mods do i have to do for either one in order for it to handle 15 to 20 psi of turbo. Please someone help me.

Both of those motors are essentially the same thing. The F20 is just a destroked H22. I'd just get the H22 if I were you, same power, it's cheaper, and parts are easy to find.

As far as boost goes, on either of the two motors, I'd look towards sleeving the block if you want to reliably run 20 lbs of boost. The H22 has FRM sleeves, which are good for reducing weight, but not so good as far as standing up to massive amounts of boost.

You might also consider just sticking with your stock F22 and boosting it. The F22 has cast iron sleeves, and is a bit more stout than the H22 when it comes to boost.

Back