h22a rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DAallday

I'm doing an h2b build and i'm wondering if i should rebuild a blown h22a that i have or buy another one. the bottom end is blown. i'm on about a 4000 dollar budget. i know h22a longblocks go for about 1100 dollars. but i'm thinking of semi building the motor. I'm just trying to get some opinions. thanks

i would rebuild if you have 4k. build the bottom fully and do a little work to the head.

what are some ideas on a semi build? my first thought was boosting but i'm not trying to spend 10+ grand right now. so i'm going a semi built h2b. the h2b kit runs about 950 and the tranny would be around 600 so that leaves me with 2450 about to do the build. i have more money but i'm trying to stay in the 4 grand budget range. thanks for your input

Yea...get the H2B and tranny for 1500 and the longblock for 1100...2600 + install and some change left over for a set of stage 1/2 cams and a dyno tune. Good day?

i would just use and h22 tranny and build the block instead. for $4k, you could rebuild it and get a decent turbo kit for it. i just wouldn't lock down on the thought of the h2b. be open to ideas.

i had swapped an h22 into my last hatch. i didn't like the cable shifter. that's why i'm leaning towards the h2b.

just rebuild it. if you go n/a put in rods and high comp. pistons. if you go boost rods and mahle h22 low comp. pistons. if you use the mahle h22 pistons you can run forged pistons with out sleeving your block. thats what i have in my h22a as of now.

just google mahle h22 pistons. i think i paid 479.00 for them. they are worth it. i have low.comp pistons,eagle h rods,t3/to4 turbo tail 50mm bov,tail wastegate,hondata s100 ecu. ramhorn mani. i make about 425whp.

what is your hp goal? if its under 300hp then dont go turbo but if you want more power than turbo. just shop around

i'm trying to get the most power for my money. i'm only looking to spend 4-5 grand.

and did you build your own kit or did you buy a turbo kit? this is going to be my daily driver as well.

Last edited:
i baught an e-gay kit first and have been upgrading slowly. only thing that is egay now is my turbo

Back