h22a rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what would be a decent na build i could go with using my budget. including the h2b

i was thinking h2b kit, b16 tranny, clutch and flywheel, mahl high comp. pistons and rods, skunk2 intake manifold, skunk2 throttle body. what would be a good name cams and valves?

Last edited:
4 grand. thats alota doe to play with. Heres a thought. "Rebuild" depending on the amount of damage. Now is a good time for you if there isnt too much damage. bore cylinders to match h23 specs. purchase high compression piston kit for h23. h beam rods. n/a is the way to go. save the remaining money for more power gains.

just do 85mm darton sleeved b20 vtec with a crower stroker kit (no need for a h2b kit) do some head work, add some rocket motorsports cams with 12:1 arias slugs, and some ITB's.

nasty power and torque.

ahhh i've looken into building a b20vtec before. I'd do it if i didn't already have the H22 longblock. Thanks for your input though.

do you think that building the motor i have will make a big difference from a stock h22a?

so i have one last question. i was just thinking but would i be able to get a decent rebuild for 1300 on the motor. or would i be better off buying a new longblock? thanks for all the help

Back