h22a rpm capability

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i went to the dyno on 2/23 and i am back from the dyno.
we spent most of the time their problem solving.
with the changes i made the car started pinging very hard on the dyno
i took out the plugs and the tips were red hot and very clean
the engine needs ALOT more fuel. the danm thing pinged everywhere
i ended up retarting the timing and disconnected the vacume hose to the fuel pressure reg. now their is still a slight ping at the low rpms.
we never got a clean run out of her but i am so happy i took the trip because my engine is running ALOT safer than before.
i made more hp with the filter on than before but it still wasn't a clean run and it need s to be dyno tuned.
i am going to have to add a fuel pressure reg and a fuel pump to the list.
the tune was dead on before and since their is more air getting in my tune is thrown off alot. also i might have to put a exhaust on the car to help relieve the pressure in the cylinders quicker. we will see if i can come up with a quiet solution
i understand when they say the pinging pounds on the bearings because the engine feels alittle looser than before.

maybe next month i will be back to get it dyno tuned

one thing i can say is i am happy i didnt drive around with it like that to long

i fixed my problem
the fuel pressure reg made a big difference
now i am running rich and the vacume hose is connected
its at 13.9 at idle and 12.8 at part throttle and 11.5-12 full throttle.
i had it tuned with the wrong fuel pressure reg.
this changes things. we thought the injectors were almost maxed out.
i installed the fuel rail but never changed the reg
car runs good now, just alittle rich and with less timing(safe)
still feels stronger
now it ready for another tune, maybe next wee

I gapped the plugs to .035"(might go to .032") and advanced the timing almost back to stock. no pinging at all. the plugs looked very clean even tho the engine is running rich. hopefully in two weeks i can set everything up.

Back