H22A swap acting a bit strange! Any help???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klacker1

EX all the way!
Hello all! I've done an H22A swap into my 90 Accord and have it running. Everything is working as it should... the engine, transmission, ecu, tcm.. .everything! But now it's really strange cuz when my car is cold in the morning, it runs really strong and fast but the engine skips a little, as if I step on and off the gas repeatedly, and has gotten a bit worse in the past week. But once it warms up (not overheating or anything), the acceleration sucks ass but the skipping stops!! Would I need to also swap my accord transmission cooler for the prelude transmission cooler? is the skipping due to timing or the TPS??? Any help or ideas on what would be causing this??? Thanks everyone!:D

Could be either the timing or the TPS.. or something else. Check the timing and see if it's set to specs, and don't forget to jump the service connector when you do. Do you have any codes stored in the ECU?

Well, I had them check the TPS and they're scanner reads it's working fine. Also the idle is good. I suggested it might be the distributor cuz (Due to lack of funds), I had them kinda rewire stuff using the F22a distributor. They did a good job cuz it was running quite well before these problems occurred. They happened to have an extra H22a distributor at the shop which was acquired recently and they will be putting that in for me this afternoon!! They also suggested it may be the spark plugs cuz one of them might not have a spark, which could be causing the jolting in the morning. Well, I'll see how it goes today!

Back