H22A swap and mods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGcivicArmyGuy

Modding my ride from Iraq
I'm going to be performing the H22A swap into my '92 Civic LX Sedan when I get back from Iraq and I would love any advice I can get. I'm most likely ordering the complete changeover from hmotorsonline.com because I know plenty of people who have ordered motors through them and they seem to be a reliable place to go through. If you know of any good places to go for H22 specific mods though, that would be great. As I said, ANY advice would be awesome because I'm still pretty new to the Honda tuning world. Thanks for your time!

Research is your friend. There's plenty of stuff out there on the Internet about this swap. Check out Hasport's site for installation instructions.

Well, thanks for the little pick-me-up I guess. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I'm in Iraq. My bandwidth and the amount of sites that I can look at are EXTREMELY limited at best and I'm really looking for some specific places to go for aftermarket parts on the H22A. As far as installation goes, that's no problem. My father is an ASE Master Tech and we're going to do the install as soon as I get back and a full wire tuck. If you have any sites you can direct me to though, please let me know. Thanks again!

Well, thanks for the little pick-me-up I guess. I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I'm in Iraq. My bandwidth and the amount of sites that I can look at are EXTREMELY limited at best and I'm really looking for some specific places to go for aftermarket parts on the H22A. As far as installation goes, that's no problem. My father is an ASE Master Tech and we're going to do the install as soon as I get back and a full wire tuck. If you have any sites you can direct me to though, please let me know. Thanks again!

Well, your question is a little vague. There's lots of parts out there for the H22. What are you wanting to accomplish? Do you have a certain power number in mind? Turbo? High-revving N/A screamer?

Give us some more info and we can help you out better...

Hey, thanks a TON "YBLEGAL". That was pretty much exactly what I was looking for and yes, we have access to Google. Google is my best friend out here. I haven't tried Hondoogle yet, but I'm about to try that here in a few....a few minutes pass....and we're good. Hondoogle works too. Thanks again. It's much appreciated. I've got a few buddies out here that want to send their thanks as well. I've got a couple '96 Civic owners right here that are lookin' to throw a B16A in one and a B18B in the other as soon as we get back.

Well, your question is a little vague. There's lots of parts out there for the H22. What are you wanting to accomplish? Do you have a certain power number in mind? Turbo? High-revving N/A screamer?

Give us some more info and we can help you out better...

That's just the thing. I like to think I know a lot, but in all reality, I'm still pretty much fresh meat when it comes to the tuning of Hondas and whatnot. I think at first I'm probably just gonna run the H22A all-motor with a few bolt-ons and maybe some internals and get it broke in a bit. Once I get bored of that though, it's a decision between supercharging it or turbo'ing it. I know that if I supercharge it, I'm not gonna go balls to the wall with it. If I turbo it though, I'm gonna squeeze every ounce out of it that I can. I used to have a 350hp '98 Saab 900 Turbo that decimated Evo's and STi's and I most definitely miss that power. So, like I said before...all the help I can get would be MUCH appreciated. I can't do a whole lot from over here. Thanks again!

Back