H22a Swap EGR Wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daily interlude

Prelude Guru
It appears that the prior owner's shop used atleast some of the original wiring from the B20a5 motor as the egr wire colors on the harness side are a green and 2 yellow (I've confirmed this with another B20a5 engine and harness that's stock).

My problem is that I'm getting an EGR code. Now with the harness being original 88 Lude and the connector on the EGR itself of course being 4th gen H22, I don't know which wires to connect to which (diff colors so I can't match any up).

I have found an online manual for an 88 prelude but it lists the wire colors are red, green, and white (same as the 4th gen) but atleast it does mention what the multimeter readings should be for each of the wires. Should I test my current wires and then match them up according to the readings I get from a multimeter to the specified color in this manual? The colors mentioned in this manual match the colors on the H22 EGR connector.

Here's what I have from my 3rd gen manual (readings are supposed to be taken with the ignition on). Can someone confirm that the 4th gen is the same?

Red + 5V
Grn -
Wht + 1V

Here's where I got the specs from...

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/PreludeManual/62sf100/6-209.pdf

Back