h22a swap help 97 civic???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahcrap

hey i just got done swapping a h22a into my 97 civic. i need to do some fine tunning but that shiet does pull. anyways i was wondering if my rpm gauge should be off or not, it seems the rev limiter kicks out at 7100on my stock tach. also my idle is not working very well it has to idle at 1500 to not die on me. and one more thing it is really hard to turn over in the morning or when it sits for a while. but i think this is due to not enough spark since i have not yet replaced the stock spark plugs. any advice or anwers to my q's would be great.also none of the shops around here say they can check the engine with there code testers becuase of the obd2 to1 thing any advice on that? thanx.

Originally posted by ahcrap@Nov 1 2004, 12:38 PM
hey i just got done swapping a h22a into my 97 civic. i need to do some fine tunning but that shiet does pull. anyways i was wondering if my rpm gauge should be off or not, it seems the rev limiter kicks out at 7100on my stock tach. also my idle is not working very well it has to idle at 1500 to not die on me. and one more thing it is really hard to turn over in the morning or when it sits for a while. but i think this is due to not enough spark since i have not yet replaced the stock spark plugs. any advice or anwers to my q's would be great.also none of the shops around here say they can check the engine with there code testers becuase of the obd2 to1 thing any advice on that? thanx.
[post=410108]Quoted post[/post]​

get a p28 they fucking rock i got a h22 in my integra and i had the same problem so i went with the p28 and problem solved....to check your code take a paper clip and put in the obd1 clip one end of the paperclip in one hole and the other in the other hole... then turn the key and the check engin light will flash a code mine was 2-1 meaning it lite up twice then stoped then did it one more time....try that...

do you think my engine is running fine. it seems like there really is no problems other than those?

What did you need for the h22a swap? I am about to do that same swap and want to make sure I have everything I need. So far I have the h22a engine and trans the drive shafts and ecu. What do I need to do with the motor mounts?

Back