h22a swap in civic hx need help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahcrap

alright, so i just got done swaping my jdm h22a motor into my 97 civic hx. i did all the wiring myself since it reallly isnt all that difficult it just took me about 7 hours. anyways so i hooked up the motor last night all the stater, alternator, battery etc... wires, also the harness is already on. i am using a skunk 2 obd2 to 1 conversion harness. i go to start the car and it doesnt even try to turn over???i think maybe its because the clutch isnt bleed enough because you know that sensor were it wont let you start the car unless the clutch is in. anyways i just give up after a long night wondering what the heck, also when i tried it later the wires to the ecu started smoking so i turned it off reallly quick. why would this be??? could it be some grounds im forgetting anyhow anybody who could help me would be great.

that doesnt sound good at all...who did you get your conversion harness through. something is grounding out on your car and its gonna be a bitch to find..id recheck any of the wiring that you had to alterto get the H in there.

are you sure you wired it corectley start by testing all the conectors then check to see you have a good batt then disconect all the wires except the starter and check it then hook up the dist and check it and so on till you inf the short you may have already killed the ecu

Definitely double check your wiring. It can't be the clutch system though, or at least not air in the system... the sensor for the clutch is a physical switch that's senses if the pedal is down, not if the clutch is actually disengaged or not.

What state are you located in? Pick up a manual and check the connections where you swapped plugs to verify the power side, grounds ect. Let me know if you want to sell off the "HX" ECU.

Back