h22a swap into 98 type sh wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1998typesh

Hey guys, I've finally completed my h22a swap into my 98 sh. I also swapped in a M2B4 trans. It also has an OBD1 ecu (chipped p28) and conversion harness. I swapped over the crank and timing sprockets, along with the oil pump and tdc/cps sensors. I installed the obd2 dizzy/intake manifold/fuel-rail and injectors and t-stat housing from the h22a4 and checked the grounds (trans/thermostat housing/valve cover). I also checked the coil and it tests fine. Because it was sitting for years, I drained the gas and put in 5 gal of 93octane.

It cranks over but will not start.

Any Ideas?

ok so it is not the coil. I installed my crane ignition box with another coil last night and still no start. DAMN IT

update: i put a test light on the icm wire(yellow/green) at the ecu and with the key turned on, there is no power. (It is an obd1 ecu with conversion harness)

Should I have constant power all the time with this wire?

update: ran a quick scan on the p28 and i am getting a code 22, researched this and found that it is the vtec pressure, i doubt this could be why its not starting but if ANYONE has any ideas that would be great.

Back