H22A Swap won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

The car is a 91 Accord.
Engine is a 94 H22A

Compression is good
Cam timing is good
We are getting spark
There is fuel getting to the rail, but the guy used the JDM fuel rail and had a special fuel line made.

There engine cranks but does not start.

The knock sensor, vtec solenoid and pressure switch are not hooked up.

When ignition is left on '2' with the p13 the CEL stays on constant.
With the f22 ecu the CEL switches off after 3 seconds.

So what the fuck???

That's wierd.

Compression, spark, and fuel, no starty?

Have you checked your injectors to see if they are pulsing?

I don't have a code 2 in my list. 20 is the electrical load detector.

I used my JDM fuel rail and modified my fuel line also.

The knock sensor, vtec solenoid and pressure switch are not hooked up.

These would not keep the car from starting.

The check engine light is supposed to come on and then turn off after a few seconds.

I'm stumped.

You may be getting spark, but in my not be in the correct sequence. Look inside the distributor for brown dust. If you see that chances are the bearing went out inside and is causing drag whiich will throw off the firing order. Also make sure you don't have the distribuotr 180 degress out. Remember the distributor goes in two ways!!! Finally make sure you have all your ground tightened down correctly. Should be one by the thermo housing and one on the top of the valve cover running to the body. If all looks fine you will need to get an HEI plug. You may have enough spark to fire a spark plug, but not enough to fire an HEI plug. The purpse of the HEI plug is to verify the coil is putting out 10,000 volts which is the minimum required to fire a car. If it does not fire one then you need a coil. Out of these five or six things i guarentee one of them is your problem. I am a honda tech and i have seen this problems many times. Let me know what you find

Kurtis

check ur ecu fuse in the engine bay...i was having the same problem...did you check if you getting spark out of the spark plug wires using a screw driver?

Follow-Up:

We were getting adequete spark and fuel.

Here's what I discovered... the distributor was dragging. Thought it was the bearings, turned out to be the aftermarket rotor (which came with a screw to secure it) The screw was getting caught up on the plastic shield!

So I cut the shield to accomodate the screw and the shit fired right up! <_<

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Sep 26 2004, 05:44 PM
Follow-Up:

We were getting adequete spark and fuel.

Here's what I discovered... the distributor was dragging. Thought it was the bearings, turned out to be the aftermarket rotor (which came with a screw to secure it) The screw was getting caught up on the plastic shield!

So I cut the shield to accomodate the screw and the shit fired right up! <_<
[post=394953]Quoted post[/post]​

well, it's actually good to hear about shit like this. Thanks for the follow up. I wouldn't think a bearing or a screw would keep a car from running.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

well I think it's important for people to follow up...otherwise these forums are useless. (TAKE NOTE OF THIS NOOBS! :angry: )

I knew that it was going to be something stupid..but when you're working on your buddy's car and his friends fresh out jail are staring over your shoulder it's a TAD bit disconcerting! :lol:

Back