H22a Throttling issues, need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtelliso

i recently swapped a jdm h22 red top into my 92 prelude. i am having drivablilitly problems now. I am running a obd1 p13 ecu, no check engine lights. Idles good, but intermittently as i am driving the motor seems to have a sudden loss of power. Kinda like a fuel cut or something, motor is still running but when it does this the motor doesnt seem to accelerate at all, rpms fall, then suddenly power just pops back in. sometimes it will sputter first then does as stated above. When you press then [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]gas[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] while it is doing this you can hear the intake pulling in air but RPMS still fall at wide open throttle, but this is a consistent problem the whole time i am driving. The EGR system checks out, but when i unplug the EGR valve, the CEL comes on but the problem goes away, again though i have checked out the Valve, Solenoid, and Vacuum diaphragm and they all come back green, Vacuum lines also all appear to be in the right place.

I checked:
EGR, EGR Solenoid,
Switched the computers with my h23 computer (same issue)
Traced the wires to make sure the EGR solenoid was getting power
and resistor box is within [COLOR=red ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=red ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]honda[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] specs
changed the cap, coil, plugs and wires
Checked all vacuum routing

anyone else had this same problem with a JDM h22a swap?

I also swapped a JDM H22A into my lude (95). Havin the same problem or at least sounds like it. Its like your accelerating and then all of a sudden your drivin thru jello, its still trying to go but it doesn't. Feels like something is clogging in the fuel system or exhaust. I have also have new pluggs, wires, cap, rotor. Also switched my TPS from my old engine checked MAP, Injectors (resistance and leaks) injector resitors, fuel pump, EGR lift sensor, vac hoses, cat, exhaust pipe and muffler. Also dumped four bottles of injector cleaner through in 2500 miles. Found nothing. THen by chance i knocked off the EGR vac line by accident and noticed it had a small crack in it. so i replaced it. Also Found that the IAB system was not operating properly so i unhooked it and ran a hose straight from the intake mani to the diaphram. No more problems to date. Been 2 days now. But for me it was an intermitten problem anyway so i dunno if its fixed or not. Hope that helps in some way, or if you found something please post it.

I swapped the JDM H22A with the LSD tranny into my 92 Prelud and it seems that I was having the same problems. And I talk to my buddy about it he said to try putting a new main relay or a fuel pump. I did both at the same time and it fixed the problem. So I don't know what really fixed it the main relay or the fuel pump.

Back