H22A TRANSPLANT IN TO F20A 93 HONDA ACCORD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZAIN2K

IM HAVING AN BIG PROBLEM INSTALLING THE CROSS MEMBER OF THE H22A , THE ENGINE & TRANSMISSION HAVE FITTED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM,

THE CROSS MEMBER THAT SUPPORTS THE ENGINE, AND HAS MOUNTS TO FRONT AND REAR OF ENGINE, IS NOT BOLTING DIRECT IN OLD MOUNTS? I MEAN THE HOLES FOR THE CROSS MEMBER ARE DIFFRENT....

HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS, THE OLD CROSS MEMBER WONT FIT WITH THIS ENGINE????

Originally posted by ZAIN2K@Dec 4 2004, 08:31 PM

IM HAVING AN BIG PROBLEM INSTALLING THE CROSS MEMBER OF THE H22A , THE ENGINE & TRANSMISSION HAVE FITTED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM,

THE CROSS MEMBER THAT SUPPORTS THE ENGINE, AND HAS MOUNTS TO FRONT AND REAR OF ENGINE, IS NOT BOLTING DIRECT IN OLD MOUNTS? I MEAN THE HOLES FOR THE CROSS MEMBER ARE DIFFRENT....

[post=426360]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf2:

Dude, you're doing something wrong.

There are two x-members under the front. One runs side to side, the other front to back. The front to back crossmember bears no weight.

You have two engine mounts, a transmission mount, and one thrust mount. A bracket holds the firewall side mount. The timing cover(crank) side of the engine has a mount to the chassis. The transmission mount goes to the chassis.

This leaves the dogbone(thrust) mount between the engine and the radiator.

Use your stock Accord mounts on the H22, bolt it in, done.

Originally posted by tab+Dec 4 2004, 07:59 PM-->
@Dec 4 2004, 08:31 PM

[post=426360]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf2:

Dude, you're doing something wrong.

There are two x-members under the front. One runs side to side, the other front to back. The front to back crossmember bears no weight.

You have two engine mounts, a transmission mount, and one thrust mount. A bracket holds the firewall side mount. The timing cover(crank) side of the engine has a mount to the chassis. The transmission mount goes to the chassis.

This leaves the dogbone(thrust) mount between the engine and the radiator.

Use your stock Accord mounts on the H22, bolt it in, done.
[post=426406]Quoted post[/post]​

hi thanks for replying.
the x member that runs on front and back of engine is the 1 im having problems with, it wont bolt in same place as last x member? its really confusing, what is the best method to get this sorted the bolts to hold the x member is well out... any other suggestions, how is it gonna hold if it wont bolt in the chasis??? please help me . its reaslly messing head up

There is no reason why it shouldn't fit. If it is the same cross member as the one that you took out, then the bolt pattern and distances would be the same.

If something changed, then you did it.

Originally posted by tab@Dec 5 2004, 07:41 PM
There is no reason why it shouldn't fit. If it is the same cross member as the one that you took out, then the bolt pattern and distances would be the same.

If something changed, then you did it.
[post=426792]Quoted post[/post]​

hi once again thx for trying to help....

would i be able to use the x member of my original car to support the h22a engine, dont u need to use h22a x member as diffrent engine???

plz reply back

thanks

zain

no you do not need to use a different x member. the h22a bolts in directly . just use your original x-member like tab said.

Originally posted by dave_255@Dec 6 2004, 05:26 PM
no you do not need to use a different x member. the h22a bolts in directly . just use your original x-member like tab said.
[post=427312]Quoted post[/post]​

HI THANKS EVERY ONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL,

IVE HAD MY CAR AT 4 DIFFRENT GARAGES, THE LAST GARAGE HAD IT THERE FOR 2 MONTHS AND NOT STARTED JOB....

IVE GAVE NEXT MECHANIC, HE CONFUSED RE: CROSS MEMBER,

DO I NEED TO USE THE OLD CROSS MEMBER THAT WAS ON MY HONDA ACCORD 92-93???? THIS PROCESS IS COSTED ME ALREADY £2000 AND IVE HAD ENOUGH, CAN SOME SERIOUSLY ADVISE ME. AS THE MECHANIC SAYING THE CROSS MEMBER FROM H22A WILL NOT FIT ON MY CAR, ITS BOLTED UP IN DIFFRENT HOLES FROM ORIGINAL CROSS MEMBER.....
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. IF POSSIBLE IF ANY1 ON MSN PLS LEAVE ADD.

THX
ZAIN

Originally posted by ZAIN2K+Jan 13 2005, 10:13 PM-->
@Dec 6 2004, 05:26 PM
[post=427312]Quoted post[/post]​

HI THANKS EVERY ONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL,

IVE HAD MY CAR AT 4 DIFFRENT GARAGES, THE LAST GARAGE HAD IT THERE FOR 2 MONTHS AND NOT STARTED JOB....

IVE GAVE NEXT MECHANIC, HE CONFUSED RE: CROSS MEMBER,

DO I NEED TO USE THE OLD CROSS MEMBER THAT WAS ON MY HONDA ACCORD 92-93???? THIS PROCESS IS COSTED ME ALREADY £2000 AND IVE HAD ENOUGH, CAN SOME SERIOUSLY ADVISE ME. AS THE MECHANIC SAYING THE CROSS MEMBER FROM H22A WILL NOT FIT ON MY CAR, ITS BOLTED UP IN DIFFRENT HOLES FROM ORIGINAL CROSS MEMBER.....
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. IF POSSIBLE IF ANY1 ON MSN PLS LEAVE ADD.

p.s please read replies from me above!!!!

THX
WILL SOME1 PLS HELP :(
THX
ZAIN
[post=445473]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, you use your old cross member. You change the engine and the wiring harness, but everything else stays the same. I have a 92 Accord. Click my sig to see pictures.

Back