1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a turbo build question

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 98greenlude, Jul 2, 2003.

1. 98greenlude

98greenlude Junior Member

im a newbe to this forum, i have a project on my hands. i have a usdm h22a engine and tranny and i want to build a turbo. its gonna go into my 98 lude so the swap shouldnt be a problem. im planing on spending about 8-10gs on the build up and turbo total. for the engine internals i and goning to send the engine to a shop. but the clutch work and swap im gonna do myself. i want to know what is THE best stuff to fill the h22 with to suppose approx 8~10psi as a daily driver with like 14~16psi max. i need to keep it reliable but i also want to get some damn power to the wheels. please let me know what the best is for the money. thanks
  2. Integra1990

Integra1990 Senior Member

JE pistons, Crower rods, rings, sleeves, etc...id get the ehad p&p but thats just my opinion, good luck i have a lot of respect for the turbo h22's
  3. 1_deuceracing

1_deuceracing Member

You can actually boost a little more than 8-10psi for daily driven. With that kind of budget, I would send my block out to get sleeved at AEBS or buy the sleeve and let the machine shop do it if you're not from around the area and get the above internals. It can withstand up to 55psi of boost and if you decide to boost a little more later on 'cuz u got smoked by a Civic or somethin', u already have the block for it and all u would need to change are the turbo and or components. Happy punchin'!
    I wish I had that kind of $ :burnout:
  4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

yes AEBS are the sleeves to have cause they have a deck also.any sleeve needs to be installed just right...send it away and your block will be bulletproof....you could also talk to Dart and just buy the whole thing fresh and pre built if you got the cash
  5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

If you want to sleeeve it, go to darton. their sleeves are the best right now if you ask me. have them professionally done, and bored/honed for your piston size
  6. 98greenlude

thanks for the info. anything else
  7. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

agree with E, Darton is the way to go currently until something better comes up.

Milan
  8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

9. 98greenlude

what kind of compression should i be running i was thinking about 9:1. i dont wanna sacrafice reliablity or drivability tho.
  10. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator

Media:
    Albums:

B, E, only 3 letters apart <_<
  11. 242 Honda Man

242 Honda Man New Member

need help

hey, I have a honda civic with a h22a engine in it, and i want to know what all i need for this engine to give me alot of power. Keep in mind that this car is a every day car, but my brother has a 300zx twin turbo, and i want to be able to leave him in the dust