h22a Turbo Vac Lines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

raidmax

:confused: I'm confused on hooking up my vac lines and my manual boost controler :confused:

Can somebody explain how and where everything goes?

motor1.jpg

I think I'm missing something on the top of my wastegate? I just purchased this car and trying to fix everything.

Thanks,
David

There should be a nipple on the wastegate. If you just connect it to a vac source, like the fuel pres reg, it will work on spring pressure. If you put a MBC in-line with it you can hold the signal to the wastegate holding it closed longer, thus making more boost.

I do have a boost guage.... Can somebody tell me how to hook everything up? What goes where? Is there a diagram you can post to hook up boost guage, MBC, wastegate, and BOV?

Is there 2 ports on your wastegate or something?

T into the vac line that goes to your fuel pressure regulator and run that to the wastegate. Lemme know if you have a 2 port wastegate.

There is only 1 port on the back of my wastegate.... and a hole on top of the wastegate? I think I'm missing something on top of the WG. I've looked at pictures of the same wastegate and they all have either a bolt.... or a 2nd nipple on top of the wastegate? I dont know what to do....

I found this diagram online...

vac2.jpg

Where does the boost guage go in? What do I do on top of my wastegate? I have nothing on top....

td_c.jpg

I believe you have the XSPower Wastegate, there should be a banjo bolt with a barb fitting for the top part. I believe thats the one that gets connected. The lower one is under the valve and wont pull the wastegate open.

You rly should get a vacuum manifold! Tap into the fuel pres line I told you before and feed it to the vacuum mani, then from there you can connect the wastegate and a boost gauge. PLUS whatever other vac or boost referenced pieces you have.

Edit: Try taking the bolt and fitting out of the bottom one and put it on the top of the wastegate. leave that bottom one open for now and try it. Someone else may now if thats the right way or not. Sucks you have a XS Power part, they wont do shit to help you figure it out!!!

I do have the shitty XSPower SSAC wastegate...

I found this picture. Both ports are connected with vac lines.

w6tnpe.jpg

I still have no clue what you mean or how to hook up all these vac lines, MBC, wastegate, and bov.

Look at your Fuel Pressure regulator on the fuel rail, you need to cut the vacuum line and insert a T. This way the line can reconnect to the regulator and have another open port. That open port will go to a vacuum manifold, which you need to buy. From the vacuum manifold you run each item its own line. Any other open ports on the manifold should be plugged :)

I'm rly not sure on the wastegate connections now, sorry.

Can somebody help me hook up my Manual Boost Controler, wastegate, bov, and boost guage? I'm confused on where to run all the vac lines.

I dont know if I need a fitting on top of my wastegate or not?? I have seen pictures of installs that have both ports on the wastegate connected and some with only the top port? I dont want to buy a vacuum manifold... I want to hook it up with the stock intake manifold for now.

How do I run all these vac lines?

DUDE, a vacuum manifold mounts to the car somewhere, it doesnt replace the IM :roll: Noone is stepping in because I've explained it like 3 times. I just dont know exactly what to connect to your wastegate.

Here's what I've came up with....

The Blow off valve: Run a vac line from the intake manifold (after the throttle body) to the BOV.

Code:
the top one you can just let vent to atmosphere. the top is only useful when utilizing an electronic boost controller. just have a vac source to the side one, and leave the top one open. 
Source: [url=http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?p=201698&sid=e14cda1b33a60f9c6ff076dd1fc083c5]Turbo D16 :: View topic - Wastegate problem[/url]

Code:
put that little circle nipple thing in the wastegate... The round metal piece. You have to put that right up against the valve on the wastegate.

I guess that is the part I am missing on the top of my wastegate. Where could I find just this metal piece?

For my MBC and wastegate.....

Would it work if I go from the port on the turbo outlet to the MBC, and from MBC to the side of the wastegate?

Back