h22a turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay sports fans hows it goin okay the time has come for me to start my wee project and am needing a few pointers okay am looking for big power gain

so turbo kit - naturally

Engine rebuild - off course

this is were my pointers are needed have spoke to my mechanic friends over here in scotland and he has told me what to do so just want to clarify this with my honda swap counterparts before splashing out the cash okay

Port and polish cylinder head

brass valve guides ?

stainless steel valves or sodium filled valves ?

group A head gasket multi layered ?

stud and nut kit ?

new inlet manifold ?

now heres a wee bit diffrent to what ive been told low comp pistons but dont line the block ? and just keep the usual bottom end naturally change the big end bearings n lightened fly wheel anything missed naturally the turbo kit will have the rest what type of power would i be looking at with a turbonectic kit as well plus the rebuild if i've missed out anything let me know cheers or advice is much needed ta

you cant just swap pistons into an H22. You have to sleeve the block before you do it. The forged pistons would eat away the cyl walls. Otherwise, i would say youre on the right track.

no it cant. the FRM sleeves will just chip away and scar the cylinder sleeve causing you to burn oil and eventually seize the engine. the pistons in the engine are cast, and if you replace it with an aftermarket forged piston, you can kiss your engine good bye.

go with gsr turbo. youll be much happier, the h22 will need to shift rite in its powerband, especially boosted

Quoted post[/post]]
no it cant. the FRM sleeves will just chip away and scar the cylinder sleeve causing you to burn oil and eventually seize the engine. the pistons in the engine are cast, and if you replace it with an aftermarket forged piston, you can kiss your engine good bye.

are all H22's FRM? and are cast pistons to weak for boost?

hondasol...this is going into a prelude...i dare you to find someone with enough time on their hands to put a GSR in a prelude.

yes all h22s are frm and i PERSONALLY would not use a cast piston for boost. the extra heat and pressure from the turbo can make the piston warp causing bad results.

Like Reiko said you need to re-sleeve if your going with forged pistons, some say Mahle gold series pistons are compatible with FRM sleeves.

Quoted post[/post]]
Like Reiko said you need to re-sleeve if your going with forged pistons, some say Mahle gold series pistons are compatible with FRM sleeves.

They seem like a good alternative to sleeving... Check into Mahle pistons.....

The stock pistons arn't good for boost because the top ringland is thin due to the top ring being pushed up higher on the pistons (by design).....the slightest bit of detonation can crack that, and usually does...

i wouldnt recommend mahle pistons anymore. 15k and you burn oil like a mofo from what ive seen. 2 H22 civics in flowermound have gone down...completely shot cylinder walls...fortunately they knew what was happening...1200 bucks later they have new sleeves and new JE pistons.

OKAY SO QUESTON IS WERE TO GET THE JE PISTONS AND WHAT DOE I NEED TO BORE OUT TO SIZE WISE ?

you can get the pistons from us, i just dont know what internation shipping charges are...and if you sleeve your block it can be bored out as much as 3mm over (90mm) but that leaves you with a 1mm sleeve.

if we did it, we would not go over an 90mm bore, and if for some reason we went as high as 90, the pistons then become special order.

89mm is a JE shelf stock that we can call and have in our hands the next day.

bores are the same. if you have an 89mm bore block you get an 89mm bore piston...the piston is of course smaller, but the company knows what size to make it with the right rings.

Back