H22A Type S engine swap with a 2001 Accord coupe is it possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asianpride67

H22A Type S engine swap with a 2001 Accord coupe is it possible? I've been doing my reseach a little bit and I've heard of older engine swaps like the 1996 h22a engines but, is it possible for a 2001 h22a type s prelude engine to go in a 2001 accord coupe?

Nobody really uses this motor because this is a very difficult swap to do because of the atts system that this motor has. The best thing for you to do is to get a complete swap and buy the Type S pistons and cams and put in that motor. Really this is a cheaper option and you will have the same hp as a H22a Type S and possible to pull a little more power with a good tune. I have a 94 Accord coupe with an H22a in it and when the funds get right I am planning to buy type s cams and pistons as well. Those motors are running at least 4,000. Buying the base and putting the cams and pistons is the best thing to do all around and much less of a headache.

Nobody really uses this motor because this is a very difficult swap to do because of the atts system that this motor has. The best thing for you to do is to get a complete swap and buy the Type S pistons and cams and put in that motor. Really this is a cheaper option and you will have the same hp as a H22a Type S and possible to pull a little more power with a good tune. I have a 94 Accord coupe with an H22a in it and when the funds get right I am planning to buy type s cams and pistons as well. Those motors are running at least 4,000. Buying the base and putting the cams and pistons is the best thing to do all around and much less of a headache.
The "SH" has the ATTS system. The base model of the 97-01 Prelude did not. If you get a non-SH there should not be any problems other than the basic swap related difficulties.

The "SH" has the ATTS system. The base model of the 97-01 Prelude did not. If you get a non-SH there should not be any problems other than the basic swap related difficulties.
What you saying is true. That's what I was saying. I have a 94 Accord Ex coupe with an H22a swap in it. I also was saying there's no need for him to buy the Type S engine when he can get a base model H22 and buy the Type S cams and pistons and put in it and it would be cheaper. Yes it will be the same power if not more depending on the ecu tuning.

You can take off the atts tranny and swap it with a jdm lsd tranny but it is alot of work. Oh and the type-s is more than cams and pistons it also has a factory ported head

Back