h22a type s vs. b18c type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchlover01

ok i have a 92 hatch with a b16b type r and i like it but i want more, so should i go with a single step up or should i leap into a world unknown to me the h22? need some help decideing

1. Welcome to HondaSwap!
2. You posted in the wrong forum. You don't have an EF.

That said...

The B16B is one hell of an engine. If you want to move into an H block engine, you're going to have to deal with quite a bit more work to get everything to line up in your car unless you want to run an H2B conversion. With the H transmission, the shift linkage is totally different, you need custom axles, and keeping your power steering and AC takes custom parts.

For the money you would spend putting an H22-S engine into your hatch, you could easily have a LOT more power out of the B16B.

What's your ultimate goal?

1. Welcome to HondaSwap!
2. You posted in the wrong forum. You don't have an EF.

That said...

The B16B is one hell of an engine. If you want to move into an H block engine, you're going to have to deal with quite a bit more work to get everything to line up in your car unless you want to run an H2B conversion. With the H transmission, the shift linkage is totally different, you need custom axles, and keeping your power steering and AC takes custom parts.

For the money you would spend putting an H22-S engine into your hatch, you could easily have a LOT more power out of the B16B.

What's your ultimate goal?

That's an AWESOME welcome! haha

To the OP, listen to this man. He KNOWS what he is talking about. Best of luck. :D

Well im not lookin for a drag car, but more of a hidden gem so to speak, money is not to big of a deal unless we are talkin more than 10 g's for the total project, i want to have that get up and go ability so im not goin with a turbo, well i dont think...i was thinkin more about a supercharger but not sure....

just keep the b16b there great, just put a super charger on there

sweet build bro i really like that should i get the type r or just the gsr, i think i will go with the b18c now another question supercharger or turbo? im lookin for acceleration when i want it you know, like crusin down the highway and then boom im gone bitch!! kinda stuff and ive heard alot of good things about both, what would recommend?

sweet build bro i really like that should i get the type r or just the gsr, i think i will go with the b18c now another question supercharger or turbo? im lookin for acceleration when i want it you know, like crusin down the highway and then boom im gone bitch!! kinda stuff and ive heard alot of good things about both, what would recommend?
i thought you already had a b16b ?

You can make more power with a turbo setup. A jrsc is efficient to about 250 whp on a vtec b-series before you do things like water injection and intercooling. Above 8-9 psi, you just generate a lot of heat because it wasn't designed to do that.

Most people will tell you that 250 hp in a civic is more than enough to have fun.

lol i have a b16b in one hatch, but i just bought another one and thats what im lookin to do to that one...lol but im done building up the b16b, and your right they are fast as hell but i want some more torque and i want that raw power feeling that you get from a bigger block...you know? so gsr or type r?

you want raw power go b20z with b16 or type r head , tune it. but it won't rev like a b16b easy to get 200 hp out of a b20vtec , good low end power , nice broad power curve .

AH why would you say that ???????????? I have read many of your post and you usally give pretty good information . sure an turbo h series or k will give better torque tha a b20 , but b20 vtecs are not exactly no torque motors . and you have the benifit of not using all cusom parts

any honda motor are torque less thats why they rev so high to make up for it, i figure to get any real torque you need a turbo, or start with the torque motors of the honda world witch are the k and h series, even a b20 dont really have that much in stock form 133ftlbs.

true, honda aren't known for torque , but everything is relative to money and he did say money is no problem unless the total was like 10 grand , also said he didn't want a drag car , and honeslty a civic with and H22 drives like shit , sadly haven't driven a k swap yet . but lets compair numbers shall we b20 133 max i totaly agree
h22 163 k20 132 to 206 depending on what engine

true, honda aren't known for torque , but everything is relative to money and he did say money is no problem unless the total was like 10 grand , also said he didn't want a drag car , and honeslty a civic with and H22 drives like shit , sadly haven't driven a k swap yet . but lets compair numbers shall we b20 133 max i totaly agree
h22 163 k20 132 to 206 depending on what engine
umm i dont know of any k series that makes 206 torque

Back