h22a upgrade on 1990 accord lx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

curiousaccorder

Hi im pretty new here but seem to be finding out more and more on a daily basis so any help would be appreciated. Im looking at engine upgrades in my 1990 accord lx and im wondering how difficult the engine swap to an h22a is, all the parts i would need to complete the change from my obd 0 and a relative price range for shop instalation vs manual installation. Any information would be appreciated, specially from people who have completed the swap.

Thank you.

you have hit the jack pot, just wait for some of the foos tah treally know they should be able to help you nice. TAB i think this is another post calling your name. any ways welcom to HS, enjoy your stay. And thats a very origanl name :thumbsup:

I was also curious, i want to keep the auto tranny because this is a daily driver will i have to get a new transmision or will the stock hold up with the new engine??

Originally posted by curiousaccorder@Sep 9 2004, 09:31 AM
I was also curious, i want to keep the auto tranny because this is a daily driver will i have to get a new transmision or will the stock hold up with the new engine??
[post=387884]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah brother, I've got this one.......

stock tranny will hold up to at least a year of abuse, trust me. I beat the shite out of mine, and only pulled it to put in a JDM LSD auto tranny. If you want that tranny, put it in at the same time.

The swap to your car is fairly easy. Modify your stock harness slightly. No OBD changes to make. Add a few wires to the ECU from the engine for VTEC, IAB, and Knock sensor. Lengthen some wires. Use an aftermarket H22A header, and buy a DOHC power steering hose. Use all of your stock vacuum stuff and stock engine mounts. I kept all of my accessories by mixing and matching accessory mounts. This engine bolts right up.

H22A is the way to go if you can afford it.

Originally posted by tab+Sep 9 2004, 02:10 PM-->
curiousaccorder
@Sep 9 2004, 09:31 AM
[post=387884]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah brother, I've got this one.......

stock tranny will hold up to at least a year of abuse, trust me. I beat the shite out of mine, and only pulled it to put in a JDM LSD auto tranny. If you want that tranny, put it in at the same time.

The swap to your car is fairly easy. Modify your stock harness slightly. No OBD changes to make. Add a few wires to the ECU from the engine for VTEC, IAB, and Knock sensor. Lengthen some wires. Use an aftermarket H22A header, and buy a DOHC power steering hose. Use all of your stock vacuum stuff and stock engine mounts. I kept all of my accessories by mixing and matching accessory mounts. This engine bolts right up.

H22A is the way to go if you can afford it.
[post=388012]Quoted post[/post]​

:notworthy2: LOL i love how you just have your accord stuff down, so many civic nerds its nice to see an accord/prelude guy

Back