H22a valve cover removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eskie

ok, this morning i was trying to remove the valve cover on my h22 (92-96)..

i have gotten as far as removing all the hoses, plus wires, all the silver bolt things and the rings undernieth those..

but there is one problem, there are some bolts underniethe the rings that i havent been able to reach even with a deep socket..

i have tryed 7-10 mm deepsockets with no luck.. and i even tryed standard sizes to (was worth a try)

so if you have removed a valve cover from a h22a lemme know how you did it..

thanks, eskie

oh, and i hope this is the right section of the forum...

There aren't any bolts underneath the rings. You may just be looking at the studs that the bolts thread on to. All of the bolts that you need to remove are visible on the outside on the valve cover, and are reachable with a deep-dish 10mm.

hah, i got it it was just stuck on... i had to pry it off with a flathead screwdriver...

thannks anyways
;D

Be careful doing that....if you put enough pressure on the aluminum head/valve cover, you could score/grooive it, leading to bad seals.

Best to just grab onto it, and rock it back/forth and side/side until it works itself loose.

yea i made sure i didnt dent it or anything plus i just pryed it of and then grabbed onto the oil cap and rocked it back and forth until it popped off...

Back