1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22A Wiring for 5th Gen Accord

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by JDM7o3, Apr 26, 2004.

1. JDM7o3

JDM7o3 Junior Member

I am preparing to swap a h22a into my 1995 Accord EX (Automatic to Manuel). I know dropping the motor into my car isn't too much of a headache. And the change over from Automatic to Manuel isn't a big problem either. My biggest concern is the wiring. Most people have told me wiring is going to be the biggest headache ever. If someone on this forum have any information, any links, or previous experience with this swap. Your help will be most appreciated.

:worthy:

2. tab

tab Super Moderator

The engine wiring is not that hard. Do the harness modifications with the engine out of the car. Solder ALL of your connections. You don't want to second guess your wiring later. I try to keep everything color coded same as factory as much as possible. Go to a junkyard and get some ECU harness ends, to help your ecu wiring go smoother. I don't know anything about the tranny wiring changes. My gallery in my sig might help you.

3. sleepn_accord

sleepn_accord Senior Member

you have to slightly modify the driver's side engine mount bracket to fit.

Since your car is an EX, you already have the VTEC wires. All you need to do is wire in the knock sensor and move the wire for the oil pressure sensor.

Also you need to swap pins A6 & A11 (I believe, will double check schematic when I get home) at the ecu.

Just use your F22 engine harness on the H22.

You'll have a couple of dead plugs (that belonged on the tranny).. just bundle them together and zip tie them securely.

The only thing that won't work will be your cruise control (probably) as the 'brain' for the cruise control is seperate and was designed for an automatic.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted