h22a with h23 tranny ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek hatch

hello i have a jdm h22a in my 96 hatch nd i sometimes 5th gear grinds nd i was on the look for another tranny nd the code it has is M2S4 so i did some research nd i found out its from a h23 ? i read it also has higher gear ratios so does that mean i can rev higher ? wenever i race i shift at 7200 nd well should i go back to an h22a tranny or keep the one i have ? thanks for the time

Your gear ratios won't change your motor's ability to rev, just how "quickly" it will rev. And the H23 gearing isn't higher, but rather longer, meaning that you won't run through the gears as quickly. You may end up being slower with this transmission, just FYI...

from what ive read around both boxes have the same ratios, h22a box from a vtec motor will have a lsd diff though and the h23 prob wont.

from what ive read around both boxes have the same ratios, h22a box from a vtec motor will have a lsd diff though and the h23 prob wont.

We actually have the ratios here in the reference section: https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/honda-transmission-specs-29132/ Looks like 1st and the final drive are the same, but the other gears are all different.

As for an LSD, if it's just a standard USDM H22 tranny, then no, but if it's a JDM version, then it may have an LSD...

H22 trans are way better than h23's IMO. THe h22 and h23 USDM do not come stock with an LSD. As said above a JDM one will comes out the SIR very nice tranny if you can get yours hands on one for less than 600 bucks. Moving along, The h23 I have found to be better for a Turbo'd H series doing the texas mile or 1/2 mile drag... the h22 trany will wally womp the **** out of an h23 stock for stock :) Hope that helps, and in ya Hatch, H22 trany in it would be a big improvement IMO

Back