h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cd6-h22a

hey everybody just join the forms. i need help with a h22a turbo install its my frist time. i never did it before can anybody help me plz. i dont want to take it to a shop no money to spend an i wont learn any thing someone plz help

we need alot more info what car is it going in, ect ect ect. and what is it that your wanting to know

its a 1994 honda accord with a h22a swap and i got a turbo kit from ebay. i just want to know do i have to take out my a/c? what do i have to take out? how do i mount the intercooler? etc etc any pics an advice on how you do it is it hard or easy or what. jus let me know all of it, all the advice u guys can give. where do i start?

Last edited:
well ebay kits are junk i hope its a good name brand one and not some elcheapo,,but thats kinda hard to say post a link to the kit you bought that way we will know more about it

<UL>
DSC_0176PS.jpg

(1) Hybrid Turbo Charger:

T3/T4 hybrid
Oil fitting gaskets & mounting studs included
3" inlet diameter with a 2" outlet
wet float bearings & properly balanced
1/8 NPT oil inlet
.50 A/R compressor housing
.63 A/R turbine housing
.57 compressor wheel trim mapped for low & high boost setups
Capable of producing over 450 horsepower
(1) Turbo Exhaust Manifold:

High quality tubular piping with large primaries
Extra thick flange support the turbo well

• TIG welded 321 Stainless steel material for longevity & strength
  • Support brackets welded on help support the weight of the turbo
  • Full install kit includes all bolts and hardware
  • Beautifully polished for a show finish
  • High quality gaskets included for turbo flange & exhaust manifold flange
    (1) Front Mount Intercooler:
  • Large design cools down the turbocharged air efficiently
  • Lightweight aluminum racing intercooler
  • Brackets create a easy bolt on design
  • Strong TIG welds will support high PSI levels
  • 2.5" cold outlet & 2.5" hot inlet
  • Less then 2% pressure drop
    (1)Universal Intercooler Piping Kit:
  • Lightweight aluminum piping
  • Might require modification to fit
  • (4) straight 2.5” pipes”
  • (6) 90 degree 2.5“ J bends
  • (4) 90 degree 2.5” tight bends
  • (24) stainless steel high strength worm gear clamps
  • (8) blue 2.5” straight silicone couplers
  • (4) blue 2.5” 90 degree silicone couplers
    (1) Boost Controller:
  • Control your boost with a precise click
  • Can be adjusted for any PSI level desired
  • Can be setup to adjust boost PSI on the fly
  • CNC machined design
  • Anodized aluminum finish
  • Includes complete install kit
    (1) Blow Off Valve:
  • Quality design will not leak under high boost conditions
  • Performance design produces a powerful & aggressive sound
  • Flanges installed at user discretion
  • Protects turbo by letting pressure surges vent when shifting and/or reducing throttle
    (1) 35mm Wastegate:
  • V-band clamp style
  • Anodized blue show like finish
  • Protect the turbo system from over boosting
    (1) Fuel Pressure Regulator:
  • Liquid filled gauge
  • Fully adjustable
  • Great to setup fuel pressure for boosted engines
    (1) Catch Can:
  • Stops excess oil from blowing to the intake manifold
  • Removes oil vapors from breather line
  • Ensures better mileage and better performance
  • Show like high quality polish

Last edited:
well start by taking off the front bumper,then put the turbo and turbo manifold on, but before you run any lines test fit it, run all the piping the intercooler will mount up front in the bumper area.your prooly gona have to cut some stuff it get it to work, so just start like that to test fit everything

Ebay kits aren't necessarily junk, they do the job, any problems I've had with them are usually easy fixes. I've got an xs power kit from ebay on mine and it works fine, they're might be a lot of modification here and there though. For example, the charge piping might need to be cut in certain places to make sure everything fits right. The downpipe might need to be cut and re-welded, I know when I got mine, the downpipe was hanging too low, and it was too short. As far as just putting the turbo kit on yourself, you're going to need to drain the oil for the oil lines, find the place where you need to tee into for the oil feed line, weld a bung onto your oil pan for the turbo return line, tee into a vacuum line for the blow off valve which you will also tee off for your wastegate, depending on whether you have a boost controller or not. Yes, you are probably going to have to get rid of your AC system (compressor, condenser, lines etc.) because your turbo manifold will get in the way. What kind of engine management are you going to use? Also make sure you use fully synthetic oil and premium gas, although I'm sure you know all that simple stuff. Anyway, I hope I covered just about everything. You should find someone around your area who knows a lot about hondas and turbo setups, lol, because it's definitely not a one man job. Good luck.

Back