H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nsxracing

Please help me, I swap a h22a into a 92 Accord, and everything was done! The car runs weird, when I didn't put in the gear, I can rev up to 8,000rpm. But when I try to drive it, (put in 1st gear) the car can only drive 5-10mph (The rpm won't pass 2k, if I step on the gas, it just like nothing, won't move or anything.). 2nd gear the same, won't pass 5-10mph. The only way I can rev the rpm over 2,000 while sitting in gear is press down the clutch. Once I release the clutch, the car will not run again.... until it drop below 10mph. Please help me... what is my problem!!

Nope, sorry, your car wouldn't throw a code because you're running a testpipe. Unless for some reason you swapped an OBD2 H22 into your OBD1 car. Otherwise, OBD1 engines don't have a post-cat O2 sensor.

Pull your code and then get back to us.

I do know that the old f22 IAC is on the other side of the intake manifold and the h22a IAC is on the injector side of the manifold. I did plug it right.
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Please~~~~~

Pull your ECU codes y0.

:thumbsup:

Go pull your codes and look them up. If you don't know how, then ask. It's really very simple. On your car, the harness that you need to jump is on the passenger side floor(above the carpet, below the dash) behind the plastic piece. It is blue, and it has two wires. You need to use a paperclip, a staple, a fuel injector clip or anything that will loop between those two holes.

Uh, once you jump that little harness, walk over and sit in the driver's seat. Turn the key to the on position. Your check engine light will blink at you. A long light is the first number,short pause, the quick lights are the second number. So if you had two long lights then three quick ones, that would be 23. If you just have six quick ones, then it's just six. If you have more than one code, there will be an extended pause between light shows(maybe three seconds). Didn't catch the code quick enough? Relax, they keep playing over and over until you turn the key off or pull out that little jumper. Any more ?'s, post again........Good luck, hope it helps.

Here's a better explanation than my rambling:
ECU Error Codes

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, your two-pin connector is definitely on the passenger door side of the car, not behind the center console. That was on slightly newer cars than ours. :) Behind that triangle shaped peice of plastic somewhere. Blue connector going to nothing. It's just hanging out waiting for you to tap that H22A ass. :p

Back