h22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jason90accord

okay so hear it is i have found everything there is know i believe about the h22a in to my accord. so should i do the swap and spend prolly just about 4 grand
i will love the power and all that but i am really looking for a car that will last me with out any problems and to get a car with under 40 thousand miles on it is gonna cost alot more then 4 thousand ? and if i were to do the swap i would be doing it.
B/c it will be fun but i can't drive my lil nissan pick up all the time anymore i have to have a truck for work so i'll keep it but only for work or should i spend about 8 grand on a f150 and sell the accord and my nissan ? SOMbody help me out hear and let me know if you think that the swap will not brake down all the time or what . okay sorry so Freakin long. :sleep:

You won't spend close to 4 grand for an H22 swap into your Accord. More like 3 thousand, tops. In any case, why would you want to buy a Ford in place of having a fast Honda?

well the motor is $2299 + $350 for shipping + plus axles $ 150 + like $500 to put it in. so thats $3299 there + mounts i don't know how much they are yet since my old onse i bad i think + clutch if it needs one and it doesn't come with AC
and i really don't wanna buy a ford. but thats what i would buy bc i like the F150 and it would be a king cab. so i would have more room then my nissan i have to have a truck for work so my nissan will be fine if i only drive it to work then have my honda. to play with ... do you think it will last if its done right ?
have anyone heard anything about www.streetimports.com
thanks~
Jason

Originally posted by Jason90accord@Oct 24 2003, 09:44 AM
well the motor is $2299 + $350 for shipping + plus axles $ 150 + like $500 to put it in. so thats $3299 there + mounts i don't know how much they are yet since my old onse i bad i think + clutch if it needs one and it doesn't come with AC
and i really don't wanna buy a ford. but thats what i would buy bc i like the F150 and it would be a king cab. so i would have more room then my nissan i have to have a truck for work so my nissan will be fine if i only drive it to work then have my honda. to play with ... do you think it will last if its done right ?
have anyone heard anything about www.streetimports.com
thanks~
Jason

fuck ac, you don't need it, i took mine out and guess what in live in so cali. buy the h22a you will love, so i here <_<

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 24 2003, 08:03 AM
You won't spend close to 4 grand for an H22 swap into your Accord. More like 3 thousand, tops. In any case, why would you want to buy a Ford in place of having a fast Honda?

Oh, really? This is sounding like an increasingly good idea.

i spent about $4500 on my swap, heres what i bought/did
jdm h22a 40kmiles with lsd tranny, harness and ecu and both manifolds- $2000
tokico illumina front struts and skunk2 coilovers- $600
enjo hybrid mounts- $400
axles and prelude shift plate -$200
modify sohc vtec harness to h22 standards- $125
gaskets, belts, and spark plugs- $40
act stage 3 clutch with pressure plate and bearing- $390
money to the shop to get it to run right- $300

i put the engine in myself which wasnt hard at all for a first time and then took it to the shop to have them check all the wiring and figure why it was running shitty. needed 2 sensors and some wiring modifications.

And btw for anyone who says a race clutch is not practical for street use also, after about a week of driving on it it feels stock and is completely easy to drive.

it ended up being quicker than i had expected, the vtec kicks in really hard, u can totally feel it. i just raced it for the first time at the track and beat a BMW M5! 394 hp! v6 eclipse and kept up with a ford lightning. i had crappy slicks, intake, stock header and exhuast. pretty quick little car. definetly an upgrade from a single cam vtec

a extended cab ford isnt much bigger then a nissan pickup (least not the back seat)

if you have ever had to ride in the back seat of a truck (and had the joy of doing it several times in different trucks) you would realize that fords back seat is meant for midgets or people under 10. the back seat is like that outta a prelude or civic, yes there is a back seat, but no u really dont want to use it unless you have to.

the 99.5+ chev/gmc and the last 2 styles of dodge have been much better then the ford (the super duty fords are just as small as the normal duty ones) hell i think the dakota has more room then the fords.

a del sol (assuming your name is ur car...) should b fast with a h22 in it. it weighs almost 700lbs less then a prelude (stock vs stock) thats a lot of weight. i dont think you could easily get rid of that much from a prelude... least not cheaply.

you would realize that fords back seat is meant for midgets or people under 10. the back seat is like that outta a prelude or civic, yes there is a back seat, but no u really dont want to use it unless you have to.

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:
I don't even think a midget could comfotably fit in my lude's backseat.

On topic: I'd go for the H22 swap. It will be plenty reliable if it is done right. Plus, it's gonna be hard to find an unbiased opinion on hondaswap....try the same post on some truck forum and I think I know what answer you'd get.

Back