H22a1: Clutch Slipping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's up ya'll? I have an issure with my car. Its a h22a1 swap into a 1995 accord. Well, my cousin and I just finished replacing the slave cylinder and the slave cylinder line. After finishing that task I took the car out for a test run. I notice the clutch was slipping, but nothing too serious. I don't know why the clutch would be slipping. There was nothing wrong with it before the slave cylinder was replace. Also, I notice I didn't have any freeplay with the clutch pedal after replacing the slave cylinder. So any type of pressure on the pedal would engage the clutch. The next day the clutch was slipping hard, but the car is still driveable. Then I adjusted the pedal to give me some freeplay, but the clutch was still slipping hard.

Aight, I don't know what to do ya'll. If anyone out there can help me it would be greatly appericated. I really don't want to spend money on a new clutch and even a flywheel, unless I really had to. Thanks.

Hopefully, the clutch disk isn't glazed or covered with fluid. By burning the clutch for a day or so with no freeplay, you could have glazed it over. That, and you were probably not getting full disengagement with the clutch before(hence the replacement), leading to early failure.

Hell, most people don't know that you can grenade a clutch by shifting down to a gear without letting out the clutch........seen it.

Yeah, I really don't know what happen to my clutch, but I'm going with clutch is dead. So I guess I'll be replacing the clutch this weekend. I think I'm going to go with clutchmaster. I have my eyes set on a stage 2 clutch, but a stage 3 seems good too. Both clutchs are listed at the same price. So my question is; should I go with a stage 2, or a stage 3 clutch? My h22a1 is a daily driver, but I do get on it during the weekends. I was advise to go with a stage 2 since I will be a daily driver, and that the stage 3 will be too harsh on my transmission as a daily driver.

I want everyone to weigh in on this question. Clutchmaster stage 2, or stage 3???

Thanks ya'll

I'd go stage 2. Smoother is better, unless your clutch is slipping. You don't have enough hp to worry too much.

Yeah, you won't need all the extra clamping power unless you're throwing some huge numbers at that tranny. Stay with the Stage 2, you'll be alot happier in your day-to-day driving.

Back