H22A2 In 99 Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nautique196

So i've found an amazing deal on an 2001 h22a2 swap with 60,000 mi. comes with engine trans axles ecu wiring harness and shift linkage. Im deciding on wether or not to get it. Ive searched and feel completely confident on doin the swap it self but am a little iffy when it comes to wiring. I want to keep it street legal and here in NC all they do is a OBD2 test and quick bs visual. So i know my car is obd2b but was wondering if the h22 ecu is the same. Also will my existing harness(w mods) work or do i have to tear the whole dash and replace everything to get this to work. if i want to tune is there any chips tuning software for it? i was thinking of using the obd 2 for inspection and get one of those nifty harnesses for an obd1 ecu so i can tune it. if i mod it. Can i keep cruise control? how much hp will my stock fuel pump hold. should i go ahead and upgrade to the 255 lph? any thoughts on the auto tensioner? i plan on staying all motor i/h/e maybe type s cams and a slight pnp. I just spent like 3 hrs researching this any tips tricks for the swap greatly appreciated. oh and has ne 1 got the h22 swap guide thing advertised at the top of this page. is it worthwhile?
sorry lots of questions i just wanna be sure i no what im gettin my self into.

what harness do i get that will match to my cabin harness. does someone make a custom harnesses or do i modify my SOHC one.

just put it in and it should plug right up.your car is a ex so theres no need to run vtec wires

thanks i bought the motor today. itll be awhile b4 it gets shipped tho. ive done alot of researching and i think i got it figured out. im plannin on deckin the head and puttin s2p1 cams, slight pnp, valve job, and exhaust, how much will the stock bottom end hold? ive seen you cant put forged pistons in because of the cylinder walls but will type s pistons work, i found a set of those with eagle rods for like 600.

Back