1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H22a4 Ecu Wiring

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by bigherm, Jan 29, 2003.

1. bigherm

bigherm Junior Member

i have a 97 civic with a h22a1 out of a 98 prelude s and i am tring to figure out how to bypass the key imobilizer built in to the ecm. i have been told it is very similiar to the egnition set-up in the type-r integras and newer acuras. i have the wire in the harness found that sends the signal from the ignition system to the ecm, but i do not know if it is a hot or ground,and i dont want to burn up my ecm. help me !!!!!!!
    ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT HELP.

2. theman0521

theman0521 Junior Member

the signal I believe to be a specific voltage, as far as I know there is know way to bypass it because if there was then it wouldn't be very effective. My suggestion is use either and obd1 ecu with conversion harness or a OBD2 gsr ecu. The latter how ever will supposedly give big hesitation at 4500 because vtec kicks in too early. Hope that helps.

3. radnulb

radnulb Senior Member

GSR ECUs on a H22 are marginal at best unitil chipped and tuned.
    You have to modify the hardware inside the ECU to remove the immobilizer. It is a different board than the ITR, but similar in concept.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted