h22a4 in 92-96

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pythaguras

Has anybody besides me done this swap before? With my current setup, whats the next best thing to do besides forced induction?

'99 H22A4
DC 4-2-1 Headers
Greddy SP Exhaust w/a high-flow cat
AEM CAI
Polyurethane motormounts
Skunk2 Stage II cams
Portflow valvetrain (dual valvesprings & titanium retainers)
ACT Extreme Clutch

I heard skunk2 was coming out with an intake manifold for the h22. Anybody hear that too?

I'm opening this, only because he's asking about an OBD2 engine (the H22A4's are all OBD2) into an OBD1 car.

Yes, it can be done, but wiring modification needs to be done in order to make it work, including adding a whole new post-cat O2 sensor. Is the engine already in that condition, or is that your planned build-up? If it hasn't been done yet, you're probably better off trying to get an OBD1 H22A or H22A1 to drop in there.

The Skunk2 intake mani is not out yet, but since Skunk2 has just released their D-series mani, the H-series should be right on its heels.

FINALLY, someone who knows the difference. :p I've done the swap and I was looking for others who have done the same. That setup listed was what I currently have and I'm taking suggestions on what the next step should be.

Ahh I don't really have the time or facilities nearby to do dyno tuning. I was thinkin upgrade to a Hondata computer or maybe even a lightened flywheel.... What you guys think?

Oh and secondly. Three days after my cams were installed, timing belt and water pump was changed my hydraulic tensioner seized. Now, I know what you're thinkin... ooh, bent valves... I got lucky and it happened when i was idling. Any ideas to why this would seize up and does this part usually go bad??? I'm pretty pissed at the mechanic that did it... he took NO responsibility for it happening.

Take him to court, let a judge decide if he was at fault.
My 2 cents.

I wanted to make sure that I actually knew what I was talking about, before I passed judgement on your mechanic. I searched and found this thread on another site.

honda-tech.com thread

After reading this thread, I have to wonder.....It would be hard to prove, and probably not worth your time. However, if that mechanic replaced your cams,timing belt, and water pump, then it is one hell of a coincidence that you had a problem in that same area three days after installation.

A high probability doesn't make him guilty, but I'd probably chose another mechanic.

TAB

Back