h22a4 in 93 eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

sup guys! ok heres the deal. ive looked over a lot of hondaswap and cant find the answer that im lookin for....so im goin to post it in hopes of it not getting locked :( ...anyways... I recently acquired a 97 h22a4 for a damn good price that i couldnt pass up and have been thinking of putting in a 93 eg i have. heres the problem (of course you probably already know) but its obd2 and my car is obd1. what will have to be done to make this conversion? is it so hard just to say fuck it and sale it for a profit or keep it and have a lil fun?

thanx for the info

I dont think it is really that hard all the plugs are almost the same connectors, just have to rewire distributor , alternator and injector plugs, and add the VTEC stuff if it not already there, and your mount kit. I would have some fun, how much did you pick it up for ???? :ph34r:

got it from my uncle for 300 bucks w/o tran....but i need something more specific...as in the exact way to wire it up....but thanx for the minor info..i knew about the tran mount...its just the wiring...

either buy a obd2 to obd1 wiring harness and chip ur computer. or buy a p5p and use that and it should bolt right up w/o probs. remember if u use the p5p( obd2 h22 ecu) then u would have to make another hole in ur exhaust after ur acat for another o2 sensor. (which i dont recommend) i would go w/ the obd2 to obd1 conversion harness.

ok heres the deal.... i dont know if the people on the board is misunderstanding my problem or what so......here it goes again... ive got an obd2 h22a4 w/ obd2 wiring harness.. im wanting to put it into a 93 civic hatch w/ obd1 wiring harness.. what will need to be done to do this? thanx in advance! :unsure:

I'm having the same problem, doing a 97h22a4 in a 92 prelude s...first off, you might or might not need to swap injectors. 97 has saturated injectors, which don't use the resistor box. If your hatch uses the resistor box(which I think it does) swap the injectors for 93-95 h22 vtec ones. On the distributor, I found an excellent diagram about how the wiring issues between obd2 and obd1, I could email it to you. Or your other option is bolt on an obd1 dist., from a 93-95h22 vtec or 92-95prelude si (h23). I haven't yet figured out the alternator differences, and I have read that you will need to address the map sensor issues, but that is for prelude swaps, not sure about hatches. Hope this helps, hit me up and I will help as much as possible!!

Back