H22a4 parts list??wat do i need?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek all day

i wanna drop my h22 in my 98 ek..but i wanna make sure wat in all i need..i was also wondering wat tranny would be tha best?...somebody help plz

You will need motor mounts, axles, shifter, shift cables, back mount, midshaft, and you will have to modify your harness a little bit. As far as a tranny it depends on if you want to race or its your daily driver or you plan on a turbo kit. Also what I would do is get a p28 computer and a harness adapter and get it tuned. Its not that bad a swap just aggervating sometimes. Alot of modifing is involved. But it will be worth it there fun to drive.

I would recomend going with the stock H22A trany, they can handle alot of HP, I would try to get the H22 out of the same year prelude as your car to keep the OBD2 the same... Also get the proper brain out of a lude as well for your H22 not the P28 as your car is OBD2 why go back wards??? just keep the swap simple.... other than the like he said above are the parts you need... also if ya car is Non VTEC i mite recomend a wiring diagram for the VTEC and Oil Pressure switch... cheers

if i stick wit the h22 tranny will i have to do alot of wiring?

if i stick wit the h22 tranny will i have to do alot of wiring?

No more then any other transmission. The question is mounting it. If you use the H22's tranny then you need to have the proper mounts and you need to modify the shifter tunnel a bit. Your other option though, is to use a B or D-series transmission, but using either of those would require purchasing an expensive adaptor plate.

I would just stick with the H22 tranny personally...

First off, an H22 is hydraulic clutch, cable shifter.

Motor Mounts will have to be purchased. Explicit Speed Performance Quality mounts, not hasport pretty, but have yet to break a set (out of 12 h/f turbo swaps)

Axels you can go a different route. Ebay (like 120) for decent axels, Hasport (300), or build your own (good if the swap comes with axels) (you can use your stock drivers side, you have to change the nuckle on the passenger sie that attaches to the trans) (you will have all the parts so no cost!!)

Cable shifter... the lines have to be ran so they are not bent at too tight of an angle. Use the prelude shifter (you will need to cover the hole from the old shift linkage and either weld in 4 nus on top or try ans screw on 4 on the longer bolts under the car. the easier wat it to weld. they will las longer especially when yankin on the shifter. The bes way to run your cables is through the fire wall just under the center console. this way you run less risk of hitting your wire harness with the larger Bore bit (minimum 1.5 in hole). from there you can run the cables to the shifter (under the carpet) and to the transmission.

Wiring.... Raywire (Rywire - Online Store) will make you a harness (from your single cam and the h22/23) that will work fine with the h22 ecu. you have another option, you can mix and match to build a jumper harness in the two places where the hanesses meet. take about 3 hours and will be plug and play. this is the dash connector to ecu and dash connector to engine harness, about 40 wires total (obd2 will have a few left over but you can wire the diognostip port up for trouble codes) both of these options use the stock h22 ecu. there are options that use a chipped or reflashed single cam vtec ecu but i prefer not to go that route.

any questions hit me up.... 6785446472

Back