1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a4 Prelude swap HELp

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by gglide22, May 22, 2008.

1. gglide22

gglide22 GGLIDE

Hey guys,

I am a noob with this type of cars and motors. I am fixing up a 98 Prelude that my cousin gave me. He told me that it needed a new engine cause he cracked the old one. He told me it had an DOCH h22a4 engine for a 97-01 prelude. I bought one online and when I took it in to get it swapped, they told me that the new motor was not fitting the tranny. Is there 2 diffrent types of h22a4 engines?They told me that my car had like a second small tranny that needs to fit on the engine. Like I said I am a noob on this so please help.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I believe there are actually two types of that particular motor. Some of the Preludes had a traction enhancing device called ATTS. That's probably the "second tranny" they're referring to...

3. gglide22

gglide22 GGLIDE

can I install the motor without the ATTS to the transmission that did have a ATTS motor?

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I honestly don't know. There was another thread on here about this recently, and someone was saying that you can't do it because the block is shaped differently. I honestly can't say though; I've never tried it, sorry...

Does anyone else know?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted