h22a4 Prelude swap HELp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gglide22

GGLIDE
Hey guys,

I am a noob with this type of cars and motors. I am fixing up a 98 Prelude that my cousin gave me. He told me that it needed a new engine cause he cracked the old one. He told me it had an DOCH h22a4 engine for a 97-01 prelude. I bought one online and when I took it in to get it swapped, they told me that the new motor was not fitting the tranny. Is there 2 diffrent types of h22a4 engines?They told me that my car had like a second small tranny that needs to fit on the engine. Like I said I am a noob on this so please help.

I believe there are actually two types of that particular motor. Some of the Preludes had a traction enhancing device called ATTS. That's probably the "second tranny" they're referring to...

I honestly don't know. There was another thread on here about this recently, and someone was saying that you can't do it because the block is shaped differently. I honestly can't say though; I've never tried it, sorry...

Does anyone else know?

Back