H22A4 Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

six out 6

We swapped a H22A4 over this weekend into a nonVTEC H23 Lude. The knock sensor is broken and we need a new one. Also, I have read a few threads and noticed there are several probelms involving wiring and knock sensors with this particular swap. The wiring seems to be up-to-snuff, all except the VTEC wiring to be done after the motor runs correctly. I need this knock sensor a.s.a.p. to get the car back on the road. Anything that you can help me with will be greatly appreciated. The "Puma" has been sitting WAY too long. Let me know.

(aim) sixout6
(e-mail) crzy_white_boy@hotmail.com

I'm located in VA Beach if anyone is in the area with the parts/help.

Your old H23 should have a knock sensor in it. The H22 should have a knock sensor in it. Did you break both?

You should only have to run a couple wires to the ECU, and get a P13. Do that and you'll have VTEC yo!!

H22 without VTEC is teh lame. VTEC makes a huge difference.

Originally posted by tab@Apr 26 2004, 02:08 PM
Your old H23 should have a knock sensor in it. The H22 should have a knock sensor in it. Did you break both?

You should only have to run a couple wires to the ECU, and get a P13. Do that and you'll have VTEC yo!!

H22 without VTEC is teh lame. VTEC makes a huge difference.

Removing the knock sensor from the H23 broke it. The H22 was a half assed swap as it is.. you will have to thank the guy from NN (not posting names). I found a knock sensor for $40, so we will try that and see how well it will run. Currently we are using the H23 ECU, the H22 we bought is just crap (getting it refunded). I am just trying to get her running before I worry about VTEC. We will give the wiring a once over, can't be too safe, and install the new knock sensor and post what we find. Thanks for the help.

the h23 ecu is going to run the h22 pretty fucking lean... I would just wait to get the right ecu.

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Apr 26 2004, 02:31 PM
the h23 ecu is going to run the h22 pretty fucking lean... I would just wait to get the right ecu.

The fuel maps aren't too dis-similiar. It won't run fast or as hard as I would like it, but as long as we can get it to run I am happy. We are just getting the kinks out of the motor right now, after she is healthy then its time to push her.

Back