H22a4 SH Swap Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sparky2211

Well i've had my A4 swap here for a few months. as most probably know with the type SH you need to work with it a bit because you can't connect a halfshaft because of the ATTS unit which i am not using.

The Question is how th hell do i connect a halfshaft to the block of a H22a4 SH motor? does anyone have pics of the bracket they have made? I searched all over and i couldn't figure anything out. i just don't know how long my setup will last.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

You Should Be Able To Unbolt The Atts Box And Use A Accord Or Prelude Half Shaft. The Brracket Is Already Mounted To The Shaft So You Just Bolt In On

alterdcreations said:
You Should Be Able To Unbolt The Atts Box And Use A Accord Or Prelude Half Shaft. The Brracket Is Already Mounted To The Shaft So You Just Bolt In On

Not true, the halfshaft doew not bolt to the block. You have to make a bracket to have it fit the bolt line-up in the block.

If you are a fabricator, then just build the bracket. If you aren't, then a pattern or a picture won't save you any time. A decent fab shop will be able to make any bracket you need. Try paying a fabricator to do it in his free time for a little extra cash.

Ok, if you must use a template, then be very careful. Use cardboard to make your main shapes, and try to modify stock parts to work if possible(like redrilling a different bracket for your motor).

The problem lies in putting it all together. Usually, a guy measures from his bolt pattern for braces, and makes something work that won't cause any interference. Sometimes this calls for replanning, and remeasuring. It would be easier to take your car to a shop for him to use as a guide.

I build things and fix things for a living.

Help

I am in the process of installing a H22a4 sh into a '91 Accord. I have removed the ATTS unit because of its torque limiting effect. I need the shaft and other parts that will replace the ATTS unit.

What do I need to make this work? Where can I get it?

-sorry bud, your font was huge. -TAB

Last edited by a moderator:
H22a4 Swap Problem

Hey Tab,

Thanks for the editing help.
Any suggestions relevant to my mechanical problem? PLEASE?

Back