1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h22a4 swap help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Bueller, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bueller

Bueller New Member

Hello honda swap am new to this forum and needed help. Here is some background about me. I owned a 91 prelude si as a first car. I sold it because I did not need a car. I now need a car again and my cousin gave me a 98 h22a4 base engine with tranny. I want to know if there is any other cars other than the 98 prelude that this engine swaps into with little to no issues? I am getting this car BARD so I also need to know where I can find cheap, good OEM spec parts for the h22a4. I also want to know what was the ecu that shipped with this 98 h22a4 base engine. When describing what cars be specific and list steps and parts needed please. I will be using stock engine, stock emission control, and stock ecu so cars that are mostly compatible with 98 prelude parts is preferable but I am open to all swaps I just would prefer a four door. I found out that a accord can carry a h22a1 but does my engine go in to it. Is it an easy swap and what do I need to swap it while keeping those stock parts mentioned above. Thank you for reading and your help
  2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

cali BAR rules state the engine must be same year or newer than the chassis. so you can only go down in years for the car. 97 i think would be the only other year that would work easily. 96 might be ok (i'm not a prelude expert)

ecu is likely the p14

that said, if you're buying a prelude, it would already have said motor in it.... so what's the point? lol

you can legally put it in a civic as well, as long as you maintain obd2, so an EK chassis would be easiest to work with. putting it in an accord that was an f22 is certainly a possibility as well.
Draft saved Draft deleted