h22a4 with f22 transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prelude 1998

hey guys i have a 1998 prelude, the auto tranny is going out, can i put in a 1991 accord f22 transmission in it? can i still use the prelude ECU or do i have to change it?

you can bolt up a f22 trans to your h22 but the gears are alot longer, and would hurt your overall performance. i would try to get a an h22 trans or h23 non-vtec trans. and you will need to replace your ecu when you decide to convert to 5spd.

F22 and H22-23 are the same bolt patern. Sport shift is inside the tranny and has nothing to do with the bell housing. F22 tranny gets better gas mileage then the H22. H22 Flywheel, Clutch, Pressure Plate, and Throw Out Bearing are interchangeable from H22-F22-H23.........

you have a nice prelude, whats the boost on it? how many horsepower?

h22 trans to f22

i have similiar prob i have 1999 hprelude and tranny went ,its manual can i put with no foreseen probs a 1992-93 trans on it my lude and not have to switch axles etc etc.

you can bolt up a f22 trans to your h22 but the gears are alot longer, and would hurt your overall performance. i would try to get a an h22 trans or h23 non-vtec trans. and you will need to replace your ecu when you decide to convert to 5spd.

U sir r incorrect he could keep his ECU when swaping to a 5 speed

All, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
I have a Dohc F22b engine and the transmission was giving problems.

I obtained a SOHC F22B tranny, bolted it up fine and drove it, however the check engine light and the " S" for Sports mode light on the dash is flashing whether on or off.

Can I use the SOHC F22B tranny and if so what needs to be done.
Very desperate.
Thanks

Back