h23 Anyone..?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CDelgado

Well I know there's only a 20 hp difference but I'm debating in either to get the H23A or just hop on the H22 band wagon...literally.. Does anyone have any insight if the 20 hp is worth the extra $$ and hassle?...

Which H23 are you talking about? The VTEC version? Or just the regular, 160 horse version?

yo C...i have the H23a Vtec (Blue Top) from the jdm accord Sport wagon...i love my engine there is only about a 15 hp difference from the H22 but i think it has better torque..i'm not 100% sure but i think it does..lol
here is a pic:
100_0120.jpg

100_0122.jpg

in my car it went..lol
100_0101.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

here it is running on open headers

the only thing about the jdm h23 w/vtec is that it olny came with an auto tranny. also if you plan on lots of mods. ie: turbo;pistons all that kind of stuff i8 would go with the h22. but if your just dropping it in your accord and its already auto tranny then imo the h23 would be pretty cool.

Well I was thinking the H23 Euro R Vtec. I only plan on dropping it and adding a few minor mods. No boosting thou, just CAI and maybe tuning ECU.
BigJoe- How much did it cost you? Torque is only about 4-5 lbs/ft more..I think... Can't wait to hear it with a nice catback exhaust. Any tips on things to get? Is it the same as the H22?

Oh yeah and I found out that the H23 was also in Sir Wagon with an automatic triptronic electronic 4 speed automatic as stated & was also found CL2 Accord Wagon,AWD which came with the blue top

BigJoe- How much did it cost you? Torque is only about 4-5 lbs/ft more..I think... Can't wait to hear it with a nice catback exhaust. Any tips on things to get? Is it the same as the H22?

Well i got the engine from Cali a placed called Venus Auto..Iakona hooked me up with them. i payed $1000 for the engine. and i have it hooked up with a Apexi WS2 catback exhuast but i also have a 3" resinator in place of the cat..so you hear no exhust sound, all you hear is my motor when i open it up..sleeper..lol i will try to get video of the car running and post it here

ohh and i will say get all the maint. dont to the engine before putting it in, also get the manual tensioner, and there is also a seal you should get and replace it just so you wont have problems with it later..it was a recall on the h22 i forget the part number.

I mean as far as things for the swap.. Would you get the same things off an H23 as if you were doing an H22 swap?.... IE} axles, mounts ,etc.

it would be best to just buy the whole swap. engine mounts ecu all that stuff. then you just have a lil wiring to do

well when i got the axles for my car i got the ones from a 5spd 96 accord since thats what i have. you dont want to get the lude axles because they are longer i think. just get everything for a 5spd for your year accord

Back