H23 block with F23 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teamsprock

Anyone know if its possible and what all need to be done, and will an F-series turbo manifold fit, I need to find a solution quick to my probelms. Thanks, Jason.

The modification you'd need to do would be extensive. First off, the bores are different....Probably not worth the time, trouble and money.

Here is the deal though, the actual bore of the h23 is 87mm, and my block just got bored out to 87 for my new forged pistons, my stock block was 86.32 mm before we bored it, and I have the rods for an H23 already and the rods, I am thinking the pistons I have won't work probably but I can get H23 pistons off the shelf and shipped in a few days, however if I go with my F23 I will have to get customs rods since the specs Honda gave me were wrong for the F23 so I have the rods for the H22 and some for the H23. And now that my block is already bored out I can't use my stock internals but I need to get my car running as soon as possible so I am trying to figure out the fastest way, and the H23 rod bearings are bigger so THat will be better fot engine life. I am just wondering if the block will bolt up, my mechanic is very experienced with LS/Vtec so that shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for any other help.

what you are attempting to build is not an ls/vtec. far from it actually.

the odds of you getting it to work right before you could come up with the money to buy an h23 are slim to none unless you are on welfare.

as for the manifold Q, H-heads are different than F-heads, and a manifold is not swapable between them.

:werd: The bolt patterns are different. I already tried it.

And pissedoffsol is right, it's not as simple as an LS/VTEC. Putting a SOHC head on a DOHC bottom end isn't easy.

Thanks for the replies, I knew that manifold wouldn't work thats why I don't want to buy an H23, however I need to get my car back in working order, stupid honda dealership giving me misinformation and telling me the F22 rods were the same as the F23 so I went ahead and got the rods and pistons, but now I am just not sure what to do to get it back together, isn't the H23 block though the same block as an F22 but bored bigger, thats another thing the honda parts guy said, they use the same crank, rods and bearings for sure.

That's what it looks like. My Helm's says they have the same stroke (95mm), and hondautomotiveparts.com says they use the same crank and rods.

Ya thats what I found also, guess I'll play around a little and see what else I can find out, thanks guys for the help. I am just getting sick of no car and driving all these NA cars is getting really boring, you know how it is after driving a boosted honda its hard to drive a stock one and see all these Fast and the Furious crap driving around that have headers that added 25hp. I'll let you know if I ever figure this out. Thanks though for the input.

Just in case anyone else looks here its the stroke thats 95mm the bore is 85mm on the F22 and 87.5 on the H23, but the rods and crank are the same, so I am assuming the block must be the same just bored out, but I'll find out and let everyone know.

Back