h23 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowassaccord

I have an h23 block i got off my friend when he siezed it up. 1 piston is locked up and when it was in his garage the bridge (i think thats what he called it) broke because it was knocked over. Is this worth fixing and building to put into either and 94 -96 accord or a crx and is it possible for either?

Depends on if the work is going to be cheap. Are you going to do it yourself?

Basically, find out what needs to be done, and compare that to the cost of buying a new block, if A is greater than B, than C a dealer and get a new block .

What head is the best to put on this block, Im looking to get high redline and as much tq. as possible.

H22 head is best, H22A4 I believe. If this block doesn't work for you, I have one that is not damage, let me know...

Originally posted by KScivic@Apr 25 2005, 10:59 PM
H22 head is best, H22A4 I believe. If this block doesn't work for you, I have one that is not damage, let me know...
[post=491423]Quoted post[/post]​

alright i should be taking this one to the shop this week to find out if its worth it to fix it. how much you asking for yours?

Originally posted by lowassaccord+Apr 26 2005, 08:08 AM-->
@Apr 25 2005, 10:59 PM
[post=491423]Quoted post[/post]​

alright i should be taking this one to the shop this week to find out if its worth it to fix it. how much you asking for yours?
[post=491506]Quoted post[/post]​

Make me an offer...

all honest, I think your best bet is to forget about the block you have and get a complete swap from hmotorsonline. I know I say that alot but this case I'm really sticking with it. Just so you know the oilcooler that goes before the oilfilter cost like $300+ by itself. You'll spend butt loads of money on it, when you could have a complete h22 swap for like $2000 or a h23 long block for $1000(or less). Trust me on this. I did the H22/23 hybrid. And yes, I overpaid on it; but, I can tell you that no matter what, you'll spend more building it from scratch instead of getting a complete swap. The block sleeves I got were $400, not including the machine work.

Back