h23 connecting rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
I can't seem to find them anywhere do they make rods for the h23 engine? I know that the stroke is diffrent between h23 and h22, and I can find plenty of h22 rods. I don't want to change the length, but it looks like i might have to. How would I figure out the new compression ratio? Looking to boost, but I don't want the CR too low stock is 9.8:1. I'd be happy aroud 9.0:1.

thank you. prolly outa my price range. I'll have to go with h22 rods and dished pistons. the rods are longer for the h22 wich will bump up compression.

thank you. prolly outa my price range. I'll have to go with h22 rods and dished pistons. the rods are longer for the h22 wich will bump up compression.

I don't think H22A rods will work. The stroke on an H23A is about 5mm longer than the H22A. And I don't think the deck is higher on the H23A. So if you use H22A rods, the pistons will just bang into the head before TDC.

H22A: Rod 143MM
H23A Rod 141.5MM

If you don't want to spend the money on the rod and you are replacing the piston you can use the F20C piston that has a 3mm shorter pin to dome height.

h23 in my 94 accord

does it feet in the same support and does it have the same connnections???????
what should i do if it doesnt

does it feet in the same support and does it have the same connnections???????
what should i do if it doesnt

WTF? Dude, start your own thread, and try to write something halfway legible. We're not going to be able to help you if we can't understand you...

Back