h23 ehad h22 block. will the match up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pitvpr

I have found a h22a block and i have a good h23 head, will the match up and run fine, jus tthe block wont have vtec or is there alot more differances than i know.

Do a search, there is an article about this. It can be done, but it's more expensive than just buying an H22.

The reason i'm asking is that i have a good head from my old h23 motor and i'm looking at getting this built h22 block, found a cheap h22 complete engine, putting the good h22 head on the built h22 block and then attempting to put the good h23head on the stock h22a block so that i'll have 2 running motors instead of just one and an extra block. i know it doesnt sound like a great idea. it was more of an idea to get both engines running instead of just 1

Originally posted by pitvpr@Oct 26 2004, 07:45 PM
The reason i'm asking is that i have a good head from my old h23 motor and i'm looking at getting this built h22 block, found a cheap h22 complete engine, putting the good h22 head on the built h22 block and then attempting to put the good h23head on the stock h22a block so that i'll have 2 running motors instead of just one and an extra block. i know it doesnt sound like a great idea. it was more of an idea to get both engines running instead of just 1
[post=407807]Quoted post[/post]​

you can only use one at a time....sell what you dont need or keep for later

yeah, sell the H23 head. Keep the built H22. Save yourself the trouble. It would be more time efficient to get a job delivering pizzas than to do all that swapping. You could just deliver pizza and buy a second engine. :shrug2:

Thanks for the help. I definetly didnt want to waste my time trying to make it work if it would have made sence to just sell the parts seperately. Hopefully everything goes well with my swap

Back