h23/h22a1 head on f22b1 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

Has anyone put an H23 (non-VTEC) or an H22A1(VTEC) head on an f22b1 (accord ex VTEC) block? Obviously I'd have to change ECU's to go non VTEC, but would I have to change ECU's if I stuck with VTEC? I'm assuming either way I would, but I just need to know what parts/processes are involved. And would doing this, changing head and ECU, make the engine's performance equal (roughly) with the prelude the head came off of, or would it not be the full hp difference?

it wont work for one, and if it did work, you would still have to change ecus in both scenerios.

*edit*

Well, i thought it wouldnt work, but i just found a post from a guy on hondasociety that said he has a H23/F22...so apparently it will work.

people have mated both H22 and H23 heads to F series blocks...

i would specifically look into the F22 w/ H22 head for some decent boost on stock internals...

i have no links on the subject at hand, but i think honda tech had a huge write up

most people say you need massive machining etc etc etc and its not worth it, but this guy seemed to be able to do it pretty cheap as i remember, but he also did all the work himself...

whats involved in the "work" i don't know without re-reading the thread on honda tech

Back