h23 help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wishdr

i have swapped a h23a1 that was in a auto prelude into my 90 ex accord 5spd its giving me the code #9 witch is the TDC and runs like s@*t i have double checked all the marks on the crank,flywheel,and cam gears all are correct but it still saying TDC is off i have factory crank, factory cams and gears the only thing i have done was put h22 type s pistons in it and added the findanza alum flywheel,and a centerforce clutch everything else is stock the guy who had it before took it out because of a oil leak . if anyone has any ideas of things for me to check or do please let me know thanks for all of you time

What year is the H23A1?

I'm assuming, based on your description, that you put VTEC cams into a non-vtec head? I'm really curious as to how you managed to do this one, also this may be why it's running like shit.

Also what ecu are you using?

Which engine harness did you use for the swap?

the h23 is out of a 92 si non vtec as far as the cams they havent been changed and i used my f22 wiring harness with the p14 ecu

Isn't the TDC sensor in the distributor? I could be wrong. <_<

Originally posted by tab@Apr 21 2004, 12:45 AM
Isn't the TDC sensor in the distributor? I could be wrong. <_<

Yes you are *edit* CORRECT... sorry I misread your statement! :lol: . So either his dizzy is screwed up or the wires are..

but when someone says they have type-s cams IN the motor then retracts that statement... one can only wonder..

yes the tdc is in the dis i have checked for wire color for changes and also checked the wire coming into the ecu all check good and i have tried another ecu still does the same thing

This may seem silly. Did you bring the engine to TDC on the number one piston, then check to make sure the dizzy was pointing to #1?

Originally posted by tab@Apr 23 2004, 05:34 AM
This may seem silly. Did you bring the engine to TDC on the number one piston, then check to make sure the dizzy was pointing to #1?

I've learned it's near impossible to pull a 180 on Honda distributors..

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Apr 23 2004, 10:10 PM
near impossible

too true, but silly not to check.

by the way
factory cams and gears the only thing i have done was put h22 type s pistons in it and added the findanza alum flywheel

there was no mention of type s cams

then retracts that statement

but I might have missed something :lol: :lol:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Apr 24 2004, 02:12 AM
the beer count, for when I made that post, is a few short! :lol:

I misread it...

Good for me that there isn't a 12 shot of liquor emoticon :p

yes i have checked by making sure num 1 is tdc along with crank mark and flywheel mark. i have check all wires coming into the ecu to make sure one was not making conection all are good i have also checked voltage with KOEO all signal wires from dist have 18.9 mv crank power is 36.9 mv,cyl power is 37.9 mv, and tdc is 56.9 mv. i have also check the dist by doing the ohm test at the dist for the three senors all check around 450 ohm so they are all good.

the car cranks up and idles great tacks up really quick until you get it up to about 3500 rpms then the check engine light appears givin the tdc codes and not worth a s&@T untill you cut the switch off

same problem....

i have a 92 prelude,,, major mods... 450 injectors, aem rail 120 fuel pump, wiseco pistons, t3/t4 turbo...you get it... the whole deal.... ive had no problem building this car until i tried to drive it,,, starts fine , idles great, i put it in gear, the check engine light comes on and flashes an 8 code, i have used several diferent ecu's including the one i had socketed and progged just for this car. ive checked all current and replaced the dis but i still get a tdc error.

Back