1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h23 into 93 dx coupe

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by magicsballer, Jun 6, 2004.

1. magicsballer

magicsballer Junior Member

Ok so heres the deal i slung a rod in my engine about a week after i got the car which didn't bother me i got it dirt cheap and was planning an engine swap seeing on the milage the motor had (155,000). I found a great deal on a '94 prelude h23 engine with auto transmission. the only things that the engine doesn't have are injectors, header, and ignition coil, and obviously gonna be looking for a manual transmission to trade with. I was wondering if anybody out there had done this swap b4 or knew of anyone that has done it along with everything that will be needed for the swap(mounts, axels etc.) and what the price would normally be if i took it to a shop and had them do it.

2. rtpassini

rtpassini Member

im still working out the bugs with my swap. its in a sol though. its cost me over 2 grand so far. including my engine (but that was 800 for tranny ecu and engine)

youll need
    mounts 230-600
    axles (i got stage 1 hybrids from dss) 430
    shifter asembly (shifter unit and cables) 220
    ecu 100 or so
    lots of time and creativity
    i dont know. im probably missing some stuff. but im not sure what will all come with your engine.
    i have no clue whats wrong with mine. i have a few things to try. it seems like a timing issue, but its all perfect. i dont know. if you have more questions let me know

3. magicsballer

do u know where i can get axels and shifter linkage is there a website also do u know where i can get a maual transmission im willin to trade my automatic with very low miles on it

4. magicsballer

also i was wonderin if anybody knew if there would be enough room up under the hood to throw my turbo in there i've got a garret turbo that'd i hate to go to waste, im sure i'd have to modify my radiator if is possible just asking for opinions

5. rtpassini

rtpassini Member

go to any junkyard for your shifter stuff
    www.importautosalvage.com/
    www.handhautoparts.com
    same goes for the manual tranny.
    axles you can get from www.driveshaftshop.com or www.raxles.com
    i would only use hybrid axles personally.

also. there is enough room to fit a turbo in there. as for your fan. i would suggest getting a del sol vtec fan. or any dual core slim fan. or if you even wanted checkout some fans by FAL.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted