H23 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its joe biatch

Hi all first of all im new to this forum and secondly id like some opinions...any would be greatly appreciated. So about 2 months ago i ran my 93 prelude Si into a curb and messed up the front right and rear right suspension, rims/tires, and bent the frame. Everything on the engine is completely fine it runs awesome still, but what I am now thinking of doing is buying like a 91 - 00 civic and swapping my H23A1 engine out of my prelude and putting in the civic. Anyways just wondering if anyone has done that around here before and or if its a good or bad idea to do. Heres some pics of my prelude so please go ahead and tell me if its a stupid idea or a good one. Any suggestions would be awesome! :)
[image]
DSCF2574-1.jpg

DSCF2566.jpg

DSCF2565.jpg

DSCF2573.jpg

[/image]

itll work. its just like swapping an h22 into a civic (except you dont have to wire vtec). just buy the mounts and the tranny conversion kit and youll be good to go. keep the p14 and use the wire harness from the civic.

thanks for the response. now between hatchback civics and coupes, which would be a better car to get the best performance out of? i was also thinking of buying an H22A and frankensteining my H23 with the H22A VTEC head durin the swap. yay or nay on that??

really, hatchs have the BEST weight and and balance, but if youre making a drag car, its gonna be which ever is cheaper...stripped out they are almost the same (full interior, the hatch is lighter).

if you wanna frankenstein the engine, i would recommend buying a full h22 long block and run the h23 crank and rods with the h22 pistons. thatll pull close to 11.6:1 compression. that with some good cams and new springs and retainers can do a lot for your engine...definitely be like night and day.

Back